|Chapter 53.| The Black Coffin.|

———————
|Chapter 53.| The Black Coffin.|
———————

The whole Manor was silent

The whole Manor was silent. Everyone was mourning in their own ways. Connor was blaming himself for not working fast enough. Luke was blaming himself for not coming up with the solution faster. Kory was hugging Gar. Alfred was staring wide eyed at the wall, trying to piece together what had just happened. And Ellie was holding Isabella down, while she screamed and cried.

Ellie didn't know what to say to Isabella, out of everyone present Ellie had the least emotional reaction to what had just happened.

Jason had actually murdered Bruce. Everyone had known the plan all day, not one of them honestly thought that Jason would go through with it. And there was no way that Jason could redeem himself now, he had killed one of their own.

"C'mon" Ellie says to Isabella. Ellie pulls Isabella up to her feet and walks her up to the elevator. Isabella needed to be anywhere but in the Batcave.

The two siblings rode up to the Manor in silence. Only the sounds of Isabella's sobs filling the quiet.

Ellie guided Isabella through into the living room and sat her down on the couch. The older sibling didn't know what to say to her younger sister, there wasn't anything she could think of to comfort Isabella.

Isabella's boyfriend was responsible for this.

"I'm going to get you some water" Ellie tells Isabella. With all of the crying, she would dehydrate herself. It seemed that Isabella had been crying at a lot lately, Jason's death, and now her father's.

Ellie leaves Isabella alone on the couch, and leave the living room.

Isabella's eyes drift up to the portraits on the wall above the fireplace. Bruce's portrait hung proudly in the centre. Ellie and Isabella's either side of Bruce's. And the rest of the family's pictures surrounding theirs, Dick, Constance, Alfred, Luke, Barbara and Jason's.

Isabella felt sick even looking at the picture of Jason. A boy that she still loved had killed her father, and that would forever make her hate Jason Todd as well as love him.

"You..." Isabella croaks out. Isabella closes her eyes and shakes her head. "...you evil bastard" Isabella screamed at his picture. She grabs the letter opener from the side table and hurtles it across the room. The blade sticking right through the painting of Jason's face.

Ellie comes running back into the room at the sound of her sister shouting. Ellie noticed the letter opener sticking out of the portrait. "Iz" Ellie sighs.