|Chapter 10.| Alexis Bishop.|

———————
|Chapter 10.| Alexis Bishop.|
———————

With Alexis safe and back at GCPD, Ellie was safe to return to the Batcave

With Alexis safe and back at GCPD, Ellie was safe to return to the Batcave. She could barely move a muscle in her body she was in that much pain from the beating she took from Zsasz.

Ellie entered the Batcave at a limp. She threw her jacket off with a hiss of pain escaping from her lips. Immediately she could already see the almost purple/black bruises already forming along her arms.

"Dammit" Ellie cursed as she saw the blood still slowly seeping from the cut on her shoulder. It was a shallow cut but it still hurt like hell every time she tried to move.

Barbara and Luke heard Ellie enter the Batcave and they came over to see her as fast as they could.

"Are you alright?" Luke asked gingerly as he watched Ellie inspect the wounds all over her body.

"I'll be fine" Ellie hissed in pain. She hadn't taken a beaten as badly as this before, but it was nothing that she couldn't handle. "I just need to sit down and figure out where Bridget has been taken" Ellie needed to find Bridget. Falcone and Zsasz would be pissed off that they lost Alexis and Bridget would get the brunt of that rage.

"Well maybe you should rest up a little first?" Barbara suggested to Ellie. Ellie couldn't take on Zsasz before she was injured, trying to take him on in her current condition would be suicide.

"I don't need to rest" Ellie pushed past Barbara and Luke and walked up to the Batcomputer. "I'll rest when both of my siblings are safely home" Ellie wasn't going to sit around while she still had her sister out there being tortured.

"It's going to take some time to find her again, you might as well use this chance to at least look at your wounds?" Luke suggested to Ellie.

Ellie sighed and took a seat at the Batcomputer. "She was there right in front of me. I could have saved both of them if I could've got past Zsasz" Ellie blamed herself for letting Falcone get away with Bridget.

The only reason Ellie got Alexis out was because she ran away like a coward.

"That's not your fault" Barbara explains to Ellie. "Zsasz is a trained killer who is used to fighting against Batman. No one can do this as well as Bruce did" Barbara put her hand on Ellie's shoulder. "You did what you could and that's all that matters right now. You got Alexis back. Let the GCPD handle the rest" Barbara urged Ellie.

Ellie only narrowly got away. Next time she faced Zsasz she might not be so lucky.

"The GCPD won't move against Falcone. They're either scared, on the take or in the case of our parents they don't have enough good officers left to do anything" Ellie reminded Barbara. Jim Gordon often said he would only trust a handful of GCPD to have his back.