|Chapter 36.| Bane.|

———————
|Chapter 36.| Bane.|
———————

The city was being ravaged by every criminals and common thug

The city was being ravaged by every criminals and common thug. It was a wonderland for those who committed the darkest of crimes.

"Dude, did you see that guy, he nearly wet himself when you put that gun in his face" a criminal bragged to his group of associates. They had worked up a thirst knocking over all the stores up and down the Narrows. Falcone had offered them protection if they kept any information being fed to him.

So they decided to stop by a takeaway store on their way back to the city. "I could use some take out" one of the others spoke. All of the physical exertion had worked up an appetite in these mens' stomaches.

They didn't bother with the door. One just slammed the butt of his gun into the glass.

The family hiding inside scream as the glass shattering meant that people were coming in. They had been too scared to try and make it home.

"Well, well, well. Look what we have here" one of the thugs grinned as he caught sight of a man, a woman and two children hiding underneath the counter. Taking sight of the woman first. "I could use someone warm" the criminal grinned at the woman.

One of the children rush forward and kicked the thug in the leg.

The man rushed forward and pulled the boy back. "No Tim, don't" the man told his ten year old son. "He didn't mean it" the man begged the criminal with a gun.

"It still fucking hurt" the criminal screamed. He raised his gun at the family. His sense of victory was short lived.

A grapple line tethered around his leg. He just had time to look down at it before his leg was yanked out from under him and he slammed face first into the floor.

Then the criminal was dragged out of the store window and hung upside down from a nearby street light.

The four other criminals followed their ally out into the street. They all looked up to see a shadowy figure standing tall on the streetlight. Her hair whipping carelessly in the breeze.

"You shouldn't steal. It's wrong" Warbird told them. She leaped from the street light and landed on another of the criminals.

The criminal buckled under the force and landed flat on his back. Warbird punched him in the face and knocked him out.

Two of the criminals ran back into the store. Their guns raised immediately at the family. "We need hostages" one cried.