|EXILE.| Chapter 25.|

———————
|EXILE.| Chapter 25.|
———————

Mr Freeze returned to GothCorp to check on the condition of his wife, Nora

Mr Freeze returned to GothCorp to check on the condition of his wife, Nora. Black Mask was holding her hostage to make sure that Mr Freeze would do his bidding. And Freeze would do anything to protect his wife from death.

Black Mask was waiting for his puppet to return from his attack on Wayne Manor. Roman didn't care what the casualties were, as long as Bruce Wayne was left alive for his other friend to destroy. His feelings for Ellie and the others were outweighed by his need for revenge against Bruce.

And Roman's plan was working like a charm. First he killed Maroni. Now he had taken care of Mayor Jim Gordon. All that was left was to take care of Hamilton Hill and Harvey Dent, and then his plan would have played out perfectly.

Roman sat back against the control computer for Nora Fries' cryo chamber. Her body suspended in motion in a chamber not far away from him.

Roman smirked at he heard the robotic footsteps of Mr Freeze's suit approaching him from behind. And when all of Roman's militia raised their assault rifles at Mr Freeze, Roman knew he was close, it was only a precaution incase Mr Freeze decided to attack him. Just like the C4 attached to Nora's chamber was a safety precaution.

"I saw the news" Roman informs Freeze. "It was quite a slaughter that you left behind at Wayne Manor. Thirty dead GCPD officers, another twenty of the cops of my payroll dead, the rest in custody. And I was particularly impressed with the pop sickle that you made" Roman slow clapped for Mr Freeze. It was very rare for Roman to be impressed by work that wasn't his own.

Roman hadn't expected to be able to control Freeze so easily, his love for his wife was his biggest weakness, and Roman didn't understand that because he had no one like that in his life.

"It was cold, and callous" Mr Freeze explains to Roman. "They will know that you are behind this attack, they will be coming for you now, and for me" Mr Freeze understood that the Warbird and the Batfamily would not take the death of Mayor Gordon lying down.

Roman leaned back in his chair causally. "So? Before I'm finished with this city, the heroes will be all but extinct" Roman informs Mr Freeze. Roman had a lot of plans for how he was going to deal with Warbird and the others. He had a few critical steps to reach yet, but everything was falling into place.

"Your overconfidence will be your undoing Sionis" Mr Freeze knew that someone so cocky would meet his end in the most horrible way. "I advise you to reconsider your current path" Freeze only mentioned it because his wife was at Roman's mercy.

Roman cackled. "I never knew that you cared" Roman posed to Mr Freeze, Roman knew that his only concern was for his wife.

Roman knew it would take time for the Warbird to investigate the scene at Wayne Manor, he still had time before the hero would track Freeze back here to GothCorp, thus tying up another of Roman's loose ends.