|Chapter 35.| Nightwing.|

———————
|Chapter 35.| Nightwing.|
———————

Donna, Dawn, Rachel and Kory had intended to hit the Cadmus Labs to get Gar and Connor back

Donna, Dawn, Rachel and Kory had intended to hit the Cadmus Labs to get Gar and Connor back. Until they read a disturbance locally with people injured, and a report of a wild animal on the loose. This was the phase 2 of the brainwashing plan that Donna and Dawn had learned about, weaponising Beast Boy and Super Boy.

"Look, I don't know what we're going up against. But I can guarantee it won't be pretty" Donna tells the woman in her car, they were driving towards the incident.

They all had every intention of helping their friends, but Connor was part Superman and that might not turn out pretty if he's been brainwashed.

"We're going up against out friends" Dawn corrects Donna.

"May not be our friends anymore" Kory tells Dawn. Kory was all for helping them, but they might have to fight Connor and Gar before they help them.

"I won't hurt Gar. I don't care what they've done to him" Rachel tells them. Gar was her best friend. "I just won't" she was already loosing control over her growing powers.

"If they're hurting innocent people-" Donna started to say, then she stopped when she realised what it might mean.

They kept driving in silence for a few minutes before Donna spotted a figure waiting in the middle of the road. She squinted to see, but realised too late who it was, when Deathstroke fired a missile at the front of the car.

The small projectile hit the car and it caved inwards under the force of the explosion. Al four women lurched forward. Donna and Dawn hitting airbags.

A hail of bullets washed over the car.

"Deathstroke" Dawn called.

"Get down" Donna shouted. All four woman ducked down to the floor of the car to avoid being shot.

Deathstroke didn't let up with his automatic assault rifle. "I'll draw his fire. You guys hit him with all you've got" Kory tells them.

Kory jumps out of the car. She tries to use her powers to melt the bullets from hitting her skin. But like in the prison, her powers failed her, and a bullet struck her right through her arm.

Rachel pulled Kory back into the car, and straight away set to work healing her friend.

A loud thud hit the roof. Everyone looked up thinking it must be one of Deathstroke's associates.