|EXILE.| Chapter 29.|

———————
|EXILE.| Chapter 29.|
———————

Jason hadn't left Isabella's side

It had been nearly a day since the shooting, and everything seemed to be going to shit.

Roman had broken both Josie and Mr Freeze out of GCPD lockup, as they were being transferred to Arkham, and now they were laying waste to the city.

The Wayne Enterprise board had fired Bruce and replaced him with Roman. A backlash from the video of Thomas Wayne drugging Lydia Sionis. And now Roman had the entire of the company's resources at his fingertips.

Ellie was locked up in Arkham. Vicki Vale had drugged Ellie with Black Mask's mind control drug, and ordered Ellie to lash out at Roman. After Ellie had finished decorating the Wayne Enterprise reception with Roman's blood, she had been dragged off for immediate treatment.

Everything had turned into a shit storm overnight. Without Ellie, Jason had no chance of stopping Mr Freeze or Poison Ivy. And Isabella hadn't woken up yet, not that she was in any state to do battle at the moment if she was awake.

All that mattered to Jason right now, was Isabella opening her eyes.

Constance and Ellie had moved Isabella down to the Batcave, and she and Jason had been holed up inside ever since. They had turned the training dojo into a recovery suit for Isabella. And they had began another round of the nanotechnology treatment on Isabella.

Isabella must have been close to waking up, as she kept muttering names in her sleep, she was dreaming.

Jason had only left her side for short periods of time over the past 24 hours. And that was only so he could change out of his Robin suit, and take a shower, and he had to have his arm twisted to leave Isabella long enough to do that.

Jason was happy to leave Bruce to deal with the city going to shit, Jason's focus had to be Isabella for now. And he wouldn't leave her side until she was 100% okay.

Her body had healed nicely. Her gunshot wound almost completely healed over thanks to the nanotech treatment. But she still hadn't woken up.

Bruce had been working hard since he had returned from the press conference. He was working hard to lock off all of records of the Applied Sciences Division at Wayne Enterprises (aka the division that Luke used to make all of the Bat-tech).

And he was looking for Black Mask's hideout, they still had to be manufacturing the drug somewhere. And he was trying to find Poison Ivy and Mr Freeze.