|Chapter 49.| Searching.|

———————
|Chapter 49.| Searching.|
———————

Ellie and Dick had spent the night thinking of what they were doing to do, every move that they made at the moment was like a powder keg, one false move could be fatal

Ellie and Dick had spent the night thinking of what they were doing to do, every move that they made at the moment was like a powder keg, one false move could be fatal. But they seemed to differ in their opinions of what should happen with Jason.

"He's killing people" Dick argued to Ellie.

"He's a member of this family" Ellie countered. "I won't turn my back on him, if he's been brought back by the Lazarus Pit it could be messing with his head" Ellie tells Dick. She wouldn't move against Jason. In her opinion he could still be saved.

"You weren't the one he dropped off a building" Dick argued his point. Jason would have killed Dick without batting an eyelid, if that doesn't say that he's too far gone, then the morgue filled with bodies he'd left behind did.

"This isn't some bad guy that we're talking about, this is Jason Todd, a member of our family" Ellie tells Dick. Maybe he needed reminding on what that meant. "And you would have us lock him up like he's some sort of criminal?" Ellie questions Dick.

"Yes" Dick replies simply.

The living room fell silent. Both of them looked to Bruce, who had been sat in silence listening to the two bicker for nearly an hour.

"You're being awfully quiet" Ellie pointed out to her father. She didn't really care what he thought, but they could use a tie breaker.

Bruce mulls over the thoughts in his head. "You hardly require me to share my opinions on the matter. Jason has proved himself a criminal, we lock up criminals, although lately we seem to kill them rather than catch them, killing Jason Todd has proved a tad difficult" Bruce offered opinions that agreed with Dick.

Kory comes into the room. "What's going on?" She asks the group, lazily lounging herself over one of the arm chairs.

"We're trying to decide what to do about Jason" Ellie informs Kory.

"Someone wants to leave him to it" Dick tells Kory, then scowls out of his side eye to his girlfriend.

"I'm not saying leave him to it, I'm saying we find him and bring him home" Ellie tells Dick. She had spent more time with Jason than anyone else in the room, and if they went after him he would become a bigger problem than he already is. "Everyone wants him back, as much as you don't want to admit it" Ellie says to Dick.

Dick crossed his arms and went silent. Even he had to admit, a small piece of him wanted to see Jason come home. "You can't let him go unpunished. This isn't like the last time" Dick said cryptically to Ellie, knowing that Bruce and Kory didn't know about Isabella.