|EXILE.| Chapter 40.|

———————
|EXILE.| Chapter 40.|
———————

Warbird silently exits the elevator at the Bell Tower level, it seems rather fitting that the story should end here, the Bell Tower being the last part of the original structure built a hundred years ago, and the only remaining piece of the Arkham...

Warbird silently exits the elevator at the Bell Tower level, it seems rather fitting that the story should end here, the Bell Tower being the last part of the original structure built a hundred years ago, and the only remaining piece of the Arkham legacy that remains untouched by the rest of Gotham.

There are no mercenaries or inmates waiting Warbird as she slowly strolls through the Bell Tower's lower levels. No one guards the rickety staircase that Warbird makes her way up silently.

Warbird can hear voices coming from further up in the Bell Tower. Isabella's voice the most obvious of the two voices, though it sounds worn and tired, hours of torture clear even in how she speaks.

"And what makes you think that Warbird will give herself over to protect me?" Isabella harshly questions Vicki Vale. Isabella is trying to find out if Vicki knows everyone's real identity.

Vicki is silent for a few seconds, Warbird can hear the sound of Vicki's thick boots pacing around the wooden floor above her.

"Because she's your sister" Vicki says casually to Isabella.

And now they have a problem, because no matter what happens to Vicki tonight, the truth will get out. Killing her isn't an option.

"And she almost killed poor Josie to find out where you are, left her in a gruesome state" Vicki informs Isabella.

Warbird remembers Josie's face, scarred and burned by the weed killer Warbird had forced down her throat. Warbird would never usually go so far in an interrogation, but Isabella's life was on the line, Ellie is just glad that Isabella is still alive.

Ellie likes to believe that it's the difference between herself and Bruce, Ellie allows her humanity to impact her decisions, whereas Bruce does not. Bruce would never have crossed that line, even for one of his daughters' lives.

"It doesn't mean she'll negotiate with you" Isabella barks at Vicki.

Vicki turns away for a second, and Warbird uses the opportunity to silently grapple up into the rafters, so she's above Vicki, Warbird just needs Vicki to look away one more time.

"No, but when Jason comes rushing in to try and save you, I'll take him as well, and your mother, and the butler, and then I'll use my drug to take control of Ellie's mind, so she'll kill Bruce" Vicki sounds very pleased with the plan she has constructed, that she doesn't see the fallout of destroying a city so she can get one man. "And then I'll kill you all" Vicki promises Isabella.