|Chapter 83.| Cautious Optimism.|

———————
|Chapter 83.| Cautious Optimism.|
———————

Ellie walks into Wayne Manor, without a single thought in her mind other than her mission, her body is preparing itself to be merged with the Demon once Ra's arrives in Gotham, until then she is a mindless drone for Crane to use however he pleases

Ellie looks around the Manor as if she's seeing it for the first time. There are no happy memories here anymore, they've all been stolen away from her. She doesn't see the home of her father anymore, just a house. She doesn't see the place she was raised by Alfred on the weekends, just a bunch of rooms. She doesn't see where she and Dick fell in love with each other, because she can't remember him anymore, not in any way emotionally, he's just another guy to her now.

Ellie looks over all of the portraits hung up on the wall. Ellie and Isabella's portrait sitting the highest on the wall, as they're the last of the Wayne line now, and underneath them is all of the family, Alfred, Constance, Luke, Barbara, and the empty spot where Jason's portrait once sat.

Ellie looks over the painted faces of those she's supposed to love, and she feels nothing for them anymore, just this need to kill, and her orders are to kill Isabella, all Ellie has to do now is to wait for the right time to strike.

As Ellie enters the kitchen, Dick and Isabella are talking to each other quietly, and it seems like they're on the verge of yet another argument.

"...because it's a stupid and reckless move" Isabella barks at Dick. After she heard what Dick is planning on doing, she had to confront him before he makes a mistake and gets himself killed.

"Gar has it from a reliable source..." Dick tries to protest to Isabella.

"Yeah, Jason's friend Molly, I know her, she's not exactly a reliable source Dick" Isabella challenges Dick. Isabella knows all about Jason and Molly's relationship before he came to the Manor, they were friends with benefits whenever she was in her straight phase.

And it's not just a jealous reason that Isabella despises Molly, she used to hang around with a lot of the gang lords in the Narrows, and has gotten herself in bad situations more than once.

Dick sighs. "Look Is, I know how you feel when it comes to issues with..." Dick starts to minimise her capacity to think straight when it comes to Jason.

"...sorry Dick, but I don't think that you do know how it feels. The last time I checked Ellie is out trying to kill you and the family" Isabella corrects Dick's assumptions. "You don't understand what it's like to love someone and completely hate them at the same time" Isabella tells Dick.