|Chapter 28.| Gotham Actually [Ellie, Barbara and Luke].|

———————
|Chapter 28.| Gotham Actually.|
———————

Winter came to its peak as Christmas loomed closer and closer

Winter came to its peak as Christmas loomed closer and closer. Everyone was getting more and more excited as they picked out presents for people, hung up decorations and started preparing for Christmas Day.

Ellie's Christmas Eve

The clock was edging slower and slower to midnight, and of course Ellie was sat waiting eagerly for the clock to strike midnight as she did every year.

"Merry Christmas from everyone here at GCPD" Dick was slurring his words, obviously drunk at the Christmas party the GCPD had the night previous. Multiple officers all hanging around Dick drinking in the Clocktower, all of them nursing drinks and singing. "Merry Christmas Ellie" Ellie laughed just as much as the first time she had watched the video her boyfriend had sent her.

It was nice seeing Dick happy.

Ellie's favourite season was starting and the best part of Christmas was putting up the decorations. But it also brought out the Christmas monster part of Ellie, every decoration had a perfect place in the house.

"You're not doing it right" Ellie informed her stepfather as he hung tinsel off the picture frames. Ellie snatched the tinsel from Jordan. "The need to be even or they don't look right".

"Sorry" Jordan mumbled.

"Mom!" Ellie barked at Constance and Alfred setting up the Christmas tree.

Constance shrieked and almost let the tree fall on her head. "What?!" Constance barked at her daughter.

"The tree needs to be three inches closer to the corner of the room. Do you want the lights shine on the left more than the right? Do you want to ruin Christmas?" Ellie asked her mother seriously.

"Eleanor..." Alfred began.

Constance put her hand up to warn the older man, she shook her head vigorously. No one messed with Ellie's Christmas plans.

Dick and Luke came in laughing with one another, both carrying boxes of Christmas figurines.

"I set you into the attic for those half-an-hour ago" Ellie barked at the two boys. Both of them immediately stopped laughing.

"There were spiders" Luke muttered out in fear.

Dick cleared his throat. "Big spiders" he added in support.