|Chapter 18.| Copperhead.|

———————
|Chapter 18.| Copperhead.|
———————

A lot had happened in the past twenty four hours

A lot had happened in the past twenty four hours. Ellie was poisoned. Ellie had some weird dreams about Dick. The city has fallen prey to Copperhead's meta-human attack and Constance now knows that Ellie is the Warbird (the vigilante that Constance has been hunting for months).

But Ellie couldn't worry about her personal life right now. If Copperhead managed to poison the city's water reservoir then Gotham would be lost.

The reservoir brings water in from Gotham bay and treats the water of all impurities. Then from the reservoir the water is distributed to each district's water plant before coming to the sinks at home. So if Copperhead managed to get her poison into the main water supply for the city a lot of people would die.

Ellie was swinging between the buildings and running across the rooftops as fast as she could to get to the reservoir. It was right next to the docks, and it should be one of the most heavily guarded places in Gotham. Plus the GCPD officers that Constance put at the reservoir as well.

"It looks like there is a sewer entrance into the reservoir, perfect access for someone like Copperhead" Barbara tells Ellie.

"A perfect way for her to sneak right past the GCPD as well. Doesn't it say in her file that the Copperheads are all master escape artists?" Ellie asked Barbara.

Meaning that Copperhead had training of being sneaky and getting past police officers and other members of law enforcement. Adding her contortionist skills and combat abilities as well makes Copperhead a deadly opponent. And that's before the claws that had been implanted into her fingernails that deliver a deadly poison.

"Ellie, me and Al are close to the reservoir. You want us to wait?" Luke's voice comes over the comms.

"Yes wait. Let me clear a path for you two. Just because we haven't see people working for or with Copperhead until now doesn't mean that Falcone won't send his men as her backup" Ellie ordered the two men. Alfred and Luke could put up a good fight if they had to but they didn't have any training from Bruce.

"We're going to park outside the parking lot and wait for you" Luke confirmed with Ellie.

Ellie dropped onto a rooftop across from the main entrance to the reservoir.

Ellie turned on her tactical vision on her eye mask.

Ellie tapped her comms. "I can't see any sign of your officers" Ellie told her mother over the comms, by calling Constance's cellphone.