|Chapter 77.| Jason's Punishment.|

———————
|Chapter 77.| Jason's Punishment.|
———————

It's a little after midnight when Ellie's phone starts to ring, and it's the ringtone for the emergency calls

Dick groans in his sleep, and hugs his pillow tighter at the sound of the incessant ringing. "Turn it off" Dick grumbles to his girlfriend. All of the patrolling, and the trying to get pregnant has tired Dick out, and this is the first night he's actually managed to get a goodnight of sleep since Jason died.

Ellie has to climb over Dick to get to her phone on his side of the bed, Dick grumbles again as Ellie's body slides over his back.

Ellie picks up her phone, rolling herself over on Dick's back to relax, Dick whimpers out as he can't get back to sleep.

"You're going to get a very pissed off Dick Grayson tomorrow" Ellie jokes with Barbara over the phone. And Dick grumbles in agreement underneath her.

"What else is new" Barbara replies, which causes Ellie to giggle, and Dick to curse under his breath. "Look, I know that it's late, we have three attacks already tonight, a dozen killed, twice as many injured" Barbara tells Ellie.

Ellie sits up straight at the news of the recent attacks through Gotham, Ellie taps Dick on his back to wake him up, and he reluctantly pushes himself up with messed up hair, and his eyes squinted open.

Ellie puts her phone on speaker.

"None of the attackers have any history of violence. Just regular folks that went berserk. We found inhalers at all of the scenes" Barbara tells Ellie. Ellie looks up at Dick, and they both know that Scarecrow's move is beginning.

"They're putting their drug on the street" Dick tells them both. The drugs has made Jason into a sociopathic villain, and now it is doing the same thing to all of the innocent people in Gotham who take the drug.

Ellie and Dick both jump out of bed and start to dress.

"First Lady Vic, and now this, what the hell does Crane want?" Barbara asks the couple. Crane's movements are usually more structured, releasing the drugs on the street without some sort of game plan is unlike Scarecrow.

"He thinks himself a master tactician, he's thinking ten moves ahead, by bringing chaos to the city he's helping something else take shape" Ellie informs Barbara as she pulls on her jeans.

"Crane always want to create chaos through fear" Dick adds as he pulls on his underwear.

"Please tell me this isn't because the GCPD is working with the Titans now?" Barbara asks them both, the attacks seemed to have increased with the more Barbara relied on the Titans.