|Chapter 22.| Eighteen.|

———————
|Chapter 22.| Dick Grayson.|
———————

As December came into Gotham all of the crazies decided to give it a rest

As December came into Gotham all of the crazies decided to give it a rest. Even the criminals got into the Christmas spirit as they spent time with their families.

So Ellie spent most of her time working on Clocktower (the new bar that she was opening in the ruins of the old clock tower sitting in the middle of Gotham). She and Alfred were getting a lot of momentum and interest as they put the final finishing touches on the bar.

As Ellie focused on her end of semester exams, building the bar after school and patrolling the city at night just in case criminals came out. Dick had made it his mission to find out everything he could about the Warbird, he even started buying the comic book that a small print store in the Narrows had started printing.

The 3rd of the December came faster than Ellie thought it would, and that made it her birthday, finally 18. Her birthday didn't really hold that much meaning for her this year. Would it be another event where Falcone could target her family? Another event ruined by a new super criminal.

Dick kissed Ellie's lips and woke her up. They had fallen asleep having a Disney movie marathon, Ellie always found it cute that Dick got a little tearful watching Finding Nemo. He would claim he was crying in a cool way.

"Happy birthday babe" Dick smiled down at his girlfriend.

Ellie didn't share the same sentiments about her own birthday that everyone else seemed to. Dick seemed to be excited about her birthday so Ellie decided to play along.

"Yeah. It's my birthday" Ellie smiled falsely at Dick.

Dick rolled so that he was on top of Ellie. "I find it kind of hot that you're 18 now. You can legally do anything I want you to in bed now" Dick said with so much confidence that Ellie had to scoff.

"Is that your way of telling me you want to have sex?" Ellie joked with Dick. She started prodding him in his side where he was ticklish and he rolled off Ellie laughing.

"Elliebells I always want to have sex with you" Dick grinned goofily at Ellie. "But I think I'll rock your world later after everyone has given you your presents" Dick explained.

He jumped out of bed, only wearing a pair of black boxers and pulled on some shorts and a teeshirt. "You might want to get dressed before your entire family descends on us" Dick smiled at Ellie. "Act surprised" Dick knew Ellie hated surprise parties as much as she hated her birthday.

Ellie smiled back at Dick. "Thank you" she said to him. She had her pyjamas on but changed into a pair of jeans and threw her hoodie on over her bra. "You can still be excited about my birthday" Ellie smiled weakly at Dick.