|Chapter 29.| Phantoms.|

———————
|Chapter 29.| Phantoms.|
———————

Dick was watching the whole tower self-destruct before his eyes

Dick was watching the whole tower self-destruct before his eyes. Ellie and Isabella had suddenly turned into enemies, Isabella and Jason weren't speaking, Jason was avoiding Ellie since he didn't want to say what's wrong with him, and everyone seemed to have a problem with Dick.

Dick found Dawn, Hank and Donna sat eating Chinese food in the living room. "Hey" Dick tells them, he hadn't had much chance to catch up with them the past few days.

They all grumble out weak responses.

"Are we going to talk about your little Houdini act the other night?" Hank challenges Dick.

Dick couldn't hear it from them again.

"You ditches us, and you went to confront Deathstroke without any backup" Dawn worried about how self-destructive that was.

"I had it handled" Dick lied to Hank and Dawn. Deathstroke was punishing Dick, not the Titans, and now Dick's lie was catching up to him.

"Handled?" Donna scoffs. "Dick we had armed men shooting at us, things are far away from being fine" Donna informs Dick. They had no idea who the gunmen were, or why they were being targeted.

"I'll handle it" Dick grumbled. He didn't have any idea of how he was going to handle it, he felt like no one was in his corner.

The three Titans looked between each other cautiously. "Dick, it feels like there's something you aren't telling us" Hank says to Dick. Something about Deathstroke's attacks seemed personal, like they were targeted at Dick, and not the Titans.

Dick slammed his hands down on the kitchen table. "I said I would fucking handle it" Dick growled before storming out of the living room.

Hank, Dawn and Donna watch speechless as Dick stormed out.

"What was that about?" Dawn asked Hank and Donna. Dick had been on edge since the arguments between Ellie and Isabella.

Dick made it to the elevator when Ellie found him. "Are you heading out?" Ellie asked the boy.

Dick needed to get away from the Tower for a while. Deathstroke was still a problem they needed to deal with, Ellie may have injured him, but he wasn't going anywhere until they were all dead.

"Yeah, I need some air" Dick said dismissively. "You can talk to your sister while I'm gone" Dick tells her. Dick wanted Ellie to be the bigger person.