|EXILE.| Chapter 18.|

———————
|EXILE.| Chapter 18.|
———————

Bruce and Isabella had gotten nowhere with a cure for Josie, and Warbird and Robin were still continuing their search of the city

Bruce and Isabella had gotten nowhere with a cure for Josie, and Warbird and Robin were still continuing their search of the city. The rest of the Batfamily were running down leads, but nothing concrete had shown up yet.

At least until now.

"Constance is responding to the scene of a possible Metahuman attack" Bruce tells Warbird over the comms. "Renee Montoya is the detective in charge of the scene" Bruce adds. Montoya was a good cop, and had recently been promoted to the Rogues Task Force (aka handling all of the supervillain cases).

Warbird stops the Batmobile in front of a dark alleyway, the GCPD's crime scene. Wedged tightly between an arcade and a pizza shop.

Most of the GCPD liked the Batfamily, but there were a few that really didn't, like their old friend Officer Walters who was on sign in duty.

Warbird and Robin approached the crime scene tape.

Officer Walters held his hand up, barring their entry. "Don't even think about it, this is the GCPD's scene" Officer Walters tells Warbird and Robin with a smirk. He loved being able to stop them from entering.

"Move" Warbird barked at the officer. She was in no mood for pleasantries with a piece of shit like Officer Walters.

"You didn't say please" Officer Walters smirked.

"You want to have teeth left?" Warbird posed to the dirty cop, if only she could prove it somehow, she would gladly put Walters behind bars.

"You have to sign in, real names only" Officer Walters informs Warbird and Robin.

"Walters?! Let them past" Detective Montoya screams from inside of the alleyway. She was in no mood for Officer Walters shit either, and was doing her best to get him moved out of her unit.

Officer Walters stepped aside and let Warbird and Robin passed. It was clear that some of the officers didn't like that vigilantes were taking over their scene.

"Keep your anger in check" Warbird warns Robin, she knew of his distrust of police officers, and how the smallest of slights set him off.

Constance and Montoya were waiting over the body of a man in a very expensive suit.

His eyes were frozen open in fear. Deep black tendrils were spidering under his skin, all spreading from his mouth, petechia in the eyes, foam around the corners of the mouth, classic signs of poisoning.