|Chapter 73.| Lady Vic Pt.1.|

———————
|Chapter 73.| Lady Vic Pt.1.|
———————

Ellie is in the middle of brushing her teeth the next morning, when her phone starts ringing, Ellie answers it when she sees it's Barbara that's ringing her

"If you're phoning this early, I'm guessing it's not good news?" Ellie suggests to the red head. Barbara doesn't usually get to work for another hour, unless she's been called into a particularly gruesome crime scene.

"I sometimes wonder if you looks at my tracker when I'm not around" Barbara says back to Ellie. Ellie always seems to have this sixth sense for when something is wrong, that's part of what made her great at being Warbird.

"Why do yours and Luke's signals sleep in the same bed, are you two adult wrestling again?" Ellie jokes with Barbara.

"I'm surprised that you watch our signals for that long" Barbara fires back. Ellie didn't need to picture Barbara and Luke having long sex.

"Okay, I didn't need to hear that" Ellie tells her best friend. "So what's the problem this time, in fact just tell me which bad guy, it will make things go a lot faster?" Ellie tells Barbara. The faster they get a working knowledge of the villain, the sooner they'll bring them into justice.

"Yeah, I have no idea who this one is, whoever it is sliced up a surgical unit at Gotham Memorial last night, and it doesn't look like they showed any sort of mercy" Barbara informs Ellie. Sliced up?

"Claws or blade?" Ellie stops brushing her teeth to ask.

"Clean cuts, not tears" Barbara replies to Ellie. So that means swords, coincidence that Ra's is the architect of all of this, and his legion are all experts in sword combat. But Ellie isn't going to force a connection just in case it isn't Ra's.

"So we have another assassin in town, then again Jason has been known to use a sword of late, maybe Crane is making his lapdog work for his scraps?" Ellie says in a bitchy tone, and she doesn't really know where it came from, because she still loves Jason like family, so why did she suddenly feel that surge of aggression.

Barbara scoffs. "Okay. Ouch. Are you feeling okay?" Barbara has to ask Ellie.

"Maybe I'm just tired, with everything going on I'm finding it hard to get sleep" Ellie lies to Barbara. Ellie isn't getting any sleep because she's being corrupted by Lazarus energy, and that is also where the aggression could be coming from.

Before Barbara can say anything else, Dick comes into the bathroom and wraps his arms around Ellie's waist, and kisses the back of Ellie's neck.