|Chapter 43.| The Bird's Opening.|

———————
|Chapter 43.| The Bird's Opening.|
———————

Kory looked around the Manor, trying to get the low down of what the vibe was at the Manor, so far it seemed like this cold/hard monument to Bruce's cruelty to his children

Kory looked around the Manor, trying to get the low down of what the vibe was at the Manor, so far it seemed like this cold/hard monument to Bruce's cruelty to his children. All of the kids had contracts on their walls, in frames, stating they would give no comfort to fear.

Kory understood the whole dynamic of the Batfamily now. Bruce had screwed most of them up at a young age, and now they were cold and distant adults. Made into weapons before they knew what it would turn them into.

"Fuck me" Kory cursed as she looked over Dick's signature on the contract. "Welcome to camp cruelty" Kory mutters to herself.

Kory ran her finger over Dick's signature and all of a sudden it was like she was being hit by some unknown force on her body.

She inhaled sharply at the pained feeling. Her body glowing with green light all of a sudden, green flames over took her when her own flames were orange.

She could see herself in some sort of factory in her mind, strapped to a gurney and being wheeled down a long corridor.

The vision took a hold of Kory's mind, and she no longer had control of herself anymore. She started walking aimlessly through the house.

Isabella, Connor and Gar were hanging out in the library.

"Be careful with these books" Isabella scolded the two boys. Gar was throwing books off their shelves, looking for accesses to secret tunnels. And Connor was using a book as a plate to put together his burgers. "If Ellie catches you eating off them she'll kick all of our asses" Isabella cringed.

The books in this library were often hundreds of years old.

"What's the deal with her giving up Warbird?" Gar shouted over his shoulder. He was on the upper balcony of the library. He knew the entrance to the Batcave would be hidden in somewhere like the library.

"She killed someone. I think we can all agree that messes with your head" Isabella replies to Gar. Connor and Gar had been made to kill by Cadmus Labs, and Isabella had killed Vicki Vale and Arthur Light.

"She's going to be okay" Connor came to Ellie's defence. He had a new found respect for the woman after their little talk. She was even trying to get Clark to agree to meet with Connor. "We're all here now, and she has Dick to lean on" Connor tells Isabella.

Isabella leans back and rests herself against Connor. "I just wish she didn't have to feel what we all felt. And she still blames herself for Jason" Isabella tells the boys.