|Chapter 12.| Warbird.|

———————
|Chapter 12.| Warbird.|
———————

Ellie thought back on all of the important moments in her life, or moments that she thought were important

Ellie thought back on all of the important moments in her life, or moments that she thought were important. The first gymnastics competition that she won when she was ten. The first boy that she kissed, wishing it was Dick but painfully aware that he wasn't. The first cotillion that Bruce made her attend to introduce her to society. The night that she was assaulted by Nathan and she repaid the favour.

None of these moments seem to hold a candle to Ellie standing as a vigilante facing off against a psycho killer, knowing that she is the only person who can stop Zsasz. Her friends and family would die if she didn't stand up to Zsasz.

Ellie felt the power coursing through the suit that she was wearing. Luke had made an excellent suit will all of the gadgets and toys that she could ever need.

"Surrender now Zsasz and this won't have to get messy" Warbird promised Zsasz. She didn't want to have to get into this fight if she didn't have to. Dick was already down, Barbara and Bridget were injured and it looked like Gordon was unarmed.

"That's the same woman who rescued Alexis" Bridget whispered eagerly to Barbara. Bridget recognised the same build and pose of power as the woman who tried to save her last night. "Is she a new superhero or something?" Bridget asked Barbara.

"I have no idea" Barbara lied. "Let's get out of here while we still can" Barbara knew that Ellie would concentrate better without Bridget in the firing line.

Gordon jumped down from the stage and ushered the two girls out behind the stage so they could escape the park. Jim knew enough about vigilantes to know that he would be no good in this fight without a weapon.

"I'm not done herding my pretty lambs" Zsasz faked an apology. "I think that I'll make a nice long mark when I kill you" Zsasz ran a finger right up his arm.

"If you want to do this fine. I'll promise that I'll leave you with a few teeth left" Warbird commented confidently. She put her hands up and prepared for a fight.

"You won't want to take on my master. Batman couldn't take on my master and win, what makes you think that you're up to the task?" Zsasz slowly takes two knives out of his belt and held them backhanded ready for a fight.

"I'm not Batman" Warbird tried to say that confidently. She was painfully aware that she didn't have the strength, skill or intelligence of her father. But she was the only one that was here. "And I'm not afraid of an old man desperately clutching at his hold on his power over the city. Falcone's time is over Zsasz" Warbird promised Zsasz.