|Chapter 4.| The Nuclear Family.|

———————
|Chapter 4.| The Nuclear Family.|
———————

Isabella spent the next day or so hanging around the motel with Dick's band of misfits while they trained

Isabella spent the next day or so hanging around the motel with Dick's band of misfits while they trained. Dick taking the leader role again suited him well, it reminded her of the time when she was with the Titans, and Dick seemed to be creating his own little team again.

Isabella wasn't sure that Ellie would let Dick form the Titans again given how badly things ended for them the last time. How many people died before they all limped away. It was too dangerous for Dick to be gambling with all of their fates like that. These new kids wouldn't know what they were getting into.

Isabella had come to like Kory, Rachel and Gar. Isabella and Kory had snuck off to go shopping early in the morning while Dick was showering one morning. The town didn't have much to offer but it gave Isabella a chance to learn what she could about Kory. A badass who didn't take shit from anyone.

The Isabella and Rachel caught up on Game of Thrones. Isabella had watched them all but Rachel was only just starting out.

And finally Isabella allowed some time after another training session to read some of the many comic books that Gar had brought with him. He seemed obsessed with Gotham comics about Batman, Warbird, Robin, Valkyrie and Batgirl.

"Okay this is my Birds of Prey comic collection. I've been collecting them since they first came out six years ago. It follows a storyline of Warbird, Valkyrie and Batgirl trapped in each other's bodies and fighting a criminal called Knower who is super smart like a machine" Gar told Isabella excitedly. Funny how the body swapping had actually happened once between Ellie and Constance.

Isabella never liked how her suit looked in the comic books. They made it look like Elektra from Marvel and it was so much more than that. Her supersuit in fact had the most armour on it. She had made a few modifications herself with her science background.

"I bet you've probably read all of these already" Gar chuckles nervously as he handed over literally every comic that was printed about the Batfamily.

"I haven't actually. My boyfriend is into comics though and I think he has a couple of these. His most prized possession is a signed copy of the first new Robin comic" Isabella tells Gar. It was in fact Isabella who had given Jason that as a present for Christmas.

"New Robin is so cool" Gar agrees. "But I think that I prefer original Robin" Gar tells Isabella. "He was the one who worked with the Batman and the Titans" Gar loved reading about all of their stories.

It just so happened that Dick walked in at the same time that Gar started talking about all of the great things that Robin did in his time in Gotham. "I mean he single handedly took down the Carnival of Chaos when Batman was captured by the Joker. He and Hourman beat up Solomon Grundy. And rumour has it that Robin was responsible for the takedown of Catalyst" Gar flipped through all of the comics with Dick as Robin.