|Chapter 10.| Stranger.|

———————
|Chapter 10.| Stranger.|
———————

Ellie looks at herself in the mirror as she gets ready to head into the office

Ellie looks at herself in the mirror as she gets ready to head into the office. It may have been getting close to 9pm but with the week she had this week she decided she needed to check in on all of the employee projects to make sure they're following Wayne Enterprises strict guidelines.

Ellie finished applying her makeup and straightening her hair. As she put all of the stuff away in her dresser her eye caught the small charm bracelet Dick had given her for Christmas five years ago. The one with the circus tent charm hanging from the bracelet.

That she would find this today of all days. The day when Dick was dealing with someone killing the members of Haley's Circus.

Every fibre of her being was telling her to go to Dick and help him. But her rational mind knew that would be too painful for the both of them.

And once she started thinking about that, she flashed back to the last night she saw him.

After what happened on the bridge.

Ellie stormed out of the changing room in the Clocktower with tears streaming down her face. It was like her whole life was imploding before her very eyes. She had been so happy lately, graduating high school and starting university, building a relationship with her father finally and she had thought her relationship with Dick was going well.

Luckily no one else was here tonight to overhear the breakup she had with Dick on the bridge.

All Ellie could see was the dead body of Tony Zucco lying on the bridge. Dick walking away from helping Zucco. And Ellie not being able to get to Zucco quick enough to save him. It was her own mistake to rely on Dick to save the man who killed his parents.

Ellie was turning off the systems and shutting the Clocktower down for the night when she felt someone watching her.

"I told you to go" Ellie spoke out loud without looking at him. He was the only person stupid enough to come back to her after what had been said on the bridge.

Dick was drenched as it had started raining outside. He had run all the way from Wayne Manor in a thunderstorm to try and catch Ellie before she left the Clocktower.

"We aren't done with this conversation Ellie" Dick informs Ellie. She was going to listen to him, whether she liked it or not.

Ellie turned to look at him. "Yes we are" Ellie shouts at him. "If anyone...ANYONE else had done what you just did...they would already be in Blackgate Prison" Ellie informs Dick. And that was the truth. She had let her emotions for Dick cloud her judgement on the matter.