|Chapter 24.| Catalyst.|

———————
|Chapter 24.| Catalyst.|
———————

Warbird dropped off the side of the building and dived into the empty night below

Warbird dropped off the side of the building and dived into the empty night below. Below her in the dark alley way she could see her targets. Three corrupt cops allowing drug dealers to sell their merchandise with their personal GCPD protection detail. And there was nothing Warbird hated more than corrupt cops.

Warbird launched a flash bang ahead of her landing. The canister ignited and exploded with bright white light and sound that disoriented the cops and drug dealers.

Warbird landed in the centre of them as they all circled around her. They couldn't keep track of her since their sight and hearing were damaged from the flash bang.

"Let's play" Warbird taunted them.

A cop charged at her first, he charged head first with no idea if he was going in the right direction. Warbird sidestepped the cop and pushed him with force into one of the drug dealers. The two landed in a pile of trash bags groaning in pain.

Another cop took out his gun and started firing bullets. Warbird turned her back and let the bullets bounce off of her bulletproof suit. The metallic click told Warbird that his ammo was empty.

How no one had figured out her suit was bulletproof always astounded Warbird.

Warbird turned and punched the office in the face. He stumbled back with a bleeding lip, but still ready to fight. He charged again and Warbird kicked him in the stomach so hard that he fell back to the ground unconscious.

The other cop and other drug dealer took one look at Warbird and started to sprint off in the other direction. "Why do they always run?" Warbird huffs, they never actually get away.

The cop and drug dealer keep running until they can't see Warbird behind them anymore. Both of them stop in an alley a few blocks over.

Both of them fighting to catch their breath.

"How the fuck did she know the deal was going down tonight?" The cop barked. How dare the city's vigilante encroach on his drug dealing money. "Catalyst assured me that we'd be safe tonight" the cop stared menacingly at the drug dealer.

"I got the same information that you did" the drug dealer argued back. Catalyst's drugs had been polluting the streets for weeks now. Warbird always seemed to be there to take down the major deals.

"If your boss did this to hang me out to dry then I'll put a bullet through both of your fucking heads" the cop pulled his gun out and started waving it around threateningly.