|EXILE.| Chapter 08.|

———————
|EXILE.| Chapter 08.|
———————

Jason and Isabella returned back to the Manor at the same time

Jason and Isabella returned back to the Manor at the same time. Isabella had just finished her hours at Wayne Enterprises, and Jason had just finished a shift at the Clocktower.

Isabella had picked Jason up on her way home from her internship.

Isabella was talking Jason's ear off about some girl called Maria, apparently she was a bitch on the cheerleading squad. Jason wasn't completely listening, instead he was admiring Isabella's ass in her jeans. Jason could tell that Isabella did some squats, he couldn't wait until they finally had sex.

Alfred was watching the TV silently, which is scary enough since Alfred called the TV the 'dread box'.

And the petrified expression on his face leads Isabella and Jason to worry.

"What's wrong Alfred?" Isabella rushes to Alfred's side. She puts one arm around the man, and then checks his forehead temperature with her other hand. It was cute how much she worried over Alfred.

Alfred was in a state of shock. He points at the TV.

"Al?" Jason asks, the butler was being so quiet, that even he was beginning to worry.

Jason and Isabella look at each other in concern, and then look back at the TV. Isabella grabs the remote and turns up the volume.

"This is Vicki Vale reporting for Chanel 5 News. Tonight's top headline, 'Thomas and Martha Wayne linked to alleged crime boss Salvatore Maroni'. The Wayne family are suspected in involvement with illicit activities such as racketeering, extortion, and assassination orders on cooperate competitors" Vicki Vale reports.

Jason cursed. Just when he had allowed himself to think he had a good thing going, it was all going to crumble around him.

Isabella and Alfred glare at the screen.

"I don't believe it" Isabella states confidently. "I may not have known my grandparents, but I know my Father. If his parents were even half as good as he is, then I have no doubt in my mind that this is a lie" Isabella says without hesitation.

There was no part of her willing to believe that any Wayne would ever resort to such means, or become the very thing that corrupts Gotham City.

"I don't know Bruce as well as you two, but I know you and Ellie" Jason tells Isabella. "The Wayne Foundation helped me out a lot when I was living on the streets. I know how much you all help this city" Jason tells Isabella.