|Chapter 52.| Red Revenge.|

———————
|Chapter 52.| Red Revenge.|
———————

Constance couldn't sit by and let Bruce get any worse, she had been watching him slowly slip away for hours, and he seemed worse than ever after Ellie had come storming out of his bedroom

No one was willing to admit that Jason had completely outplayed them this time, and that the only way they would be able to save Bruce, is to play by Jason's rules. If he wanted the gold bars, then they should've given them over to him, it wasn't worth gambling Bruce's life over.

So when Bruce only had an hour worth of heartbeats left in his chest, Constance had decided that if no one else was going to act, then she would.

Constance easily snuck into the Batcave and grabbed her gear. Luke, Connor and Gar were working so hard on a disruptor that they didn't notice Constance at all. Constance strapped on her bulletproof vest, and put on the face mask to hide her identity, her gun strapped to her belt, and her baton strapped on her leg.

Constance snuck out of the Manor just as easily.

Constance knew where the gold bars were being moved, her former position of Commissioner had her informed on all of the routes that the banks took to move their money and goods.

Constance set up position in the underground garage of Gotham Central bank. She hid in the shadows, a skill she had grown accustomed to using the past few years. And then she waited for the armoured convoy to roll through the garage, to the loading door that armoured GCPD officers were waiting by.

This flew against everything that she believed in, but she also couldn't let Bruce die, and if that meant she had to battle the GCPD this once, then she would.

"Slow day, huh?" One of the guards joked. With all of the Red Hood drama going on in the city, the guards breathed a little easier knowing that Joker and Penguin and the likes wouldn't move in. They often knocked off the guards during money transfers.

"I'd rather be doing this, than hunting down that Red Hood character. Beating the shit out of Nightwing, that's serious moves" another guard replied.

Constance slowly climbed up to the top of the truck, waiting for her moment. All of the guards were conversing with one another, and didn't notice the figure climbing the truck they were supposed to be guarding.

Constance took one of the smoke grenades from her belt, and dropped it between the guards, it rattled as it rolled across the floor.

"OH SHI-" one of the guards began to curse. They were cut off when the thick white plumes of smoke erupted between them, all of them coughing and trying to find a way out of the cloud of smoke.