|Chapter 35.| Dormant.|

———————
|Chapter 35.| Dormant.|
———————

The GCPD found the body of the hero about an hour later

The GCPD found the body of the hero about an hour later. Broken and bruised and barely clinging onto life. She had been beaten down by the worst criminals that Gotham have to offer and was still fighting to breath.

"Over here" one of the patrol officers shout back to the search team.

Arkham was empty. The supervillains had basically escorted them back into the city. No one could stand against them.

Flashlight beams illuminated the area where Warbird was lying motionless. She had been staring up at the sky for the entire time just trying to speak.

The suit was broken, and there was no hope of Barbara and the others being able to pinpoint her location.

"Out of the way" Constance screamed to the crowd of GCPD gathering around Warbird. "Move" Constance barged her way to the front.

She couldn't breath when she caught sight of the condition her daughter was in. She was broken and coughing up blood. Blood was pooling around her body in a large puddle. Pieces of the suit were broken apart from the body.

Constance slid down across the gravel to land next to her daughter. But she didn't dare touch her in case there was any spine damage.

"Oracle I've found her. She's in bad shape" Constance informed the Batcave. Constance pressed her hand to the star symbol on Warbird's chest.

The suit let out a whirring sound as it slowly powered back up. It didn't stay on for long before it shut down again. The damage was severe.

"No spinal damage, you can move her. Be careful everything else seems to be damaged" Barbara confirmed. The second that the suit was on was enough to get telemetry back on Ellie's health.

Constance picked her daughter up. "Move" Constance barked at the patrolmen as she dragged Ellie to her car.

"Alfred we need to prep for surgery" Barbara barked at Alfred. Ellie was going to need a lot of surgery if she was going to live. And she was going to need it soon.

"What the fuck is happening?!" Dick asked Barbara. They had all be waiting around all night waiting for news on what had happened to Ellie. None of them could reach her for nearly an hour and no one could find the suit.

Barbara and Alfred ignored him as they started setting up a sterile area. Both of them focusing on the task at hand and not that Ellie was fighting for her life and might die.