|Chapter 1.| Broken.|

———————
|Chapter 1.| Broken.|
———————

"And tonight we remember the night that Carmine Falcone almost took over Gotham City, the world's crime epicentre

"And tonight we remember the night that Carmine Falcone almost took over Gotham City, the world's crime epicentre. We have witness interviews and a special crime report from GCPD Commissioner on the incident" the radio played in Dick Grayson's car. "Five years and the city is still under the protection of their saviour. The Warbird of Gotham City" Jack Ryder reported.

Dick was a long way from Gotham City these days, but he still liked to listen in on the going-ons of his home town.

"In other Gotham news the CEO of Wayne Enterprises announced they'll be adding a new Applied Sciences centre in the heart of Gotham City. As you know many were shocked when the former CEO Bruce Wayne stepped down and Eleanor Bishop, a 22 year old, took over the position of head of the business" Dick had to look over at the radio at the mention of her name. It had been so long since he had even spoke to her.

Dick lived in Detroit now. A member of the police force there. He had risen to the rank of detective now. A lot of people understood how a boy of only 23 was a detective when he told them he was from Gotham City.

It was better this way. Better for both him and Ellie that he left Gotham. Better that they didn't see each other after what had happened between them.

The rain pelted against his car as he once again watched a drug deal going down. He was more interested in the criminal that had managed to evade justice for his crimes.

Tyler Hackett.

A man guilty of drug deals to many kids and young adults, it was dodgy product that killed more often than not. Guilty of abuse towards his wife and toddler daughter. And guilty of paying off the judicial system to ensure his release (but that would never make it into his file).

Dick had dealt with scum like this all of his life. He just had a different member of dealing with them back in Gotham City. A method he had long since given up.

Dick looked over the pictures once again of the child and woman with bruises all over their bodies. The police had taken statements and photographs of the injuries. But scum like Hackett still walks around free.

Dick couldn't help but let his eyes drift to the metal briefcase sat on his passenger seat. A suit that held the one thing that could turn him into a weapon.

A second of willpower strengthened Dick to not open the briefcase ever again, but that faltered the second that he looked over the abuse pictures again.

Dick let the scanner built into the briefcase scan over his eyes, and read his fingerprint.

The lid popped open.