|EXILE.| Chapter 37.|

———————
|EXILE.| Chapter 37.|
———————

The team had been up all night trying to find Isabella, but there was not even a remote trace of her location

Ellie and Constance had found how Lady Arkham had snuck Isabella out of the Botanical Gardens without being seen by the GCPD. The greenhouses water supply system came from an underground supply system, and the pipes lead out into the city, large enough for a person to enter through.

One small victory of the previous evening was that both Two-Face and Poison Ivy were brought into custody. Harvey Dent was being held by the GCPD, and Poison Ivy was being locked away by the Batfamily.

Ellie brought Jason along to lock Josie away, in an effort to try and get Jason's mind off of Isabella's disappearance.

Ellie and Jason walk along the shore of the Gotham Bay. It was quiet as it was still in the dark of the early morning. The perfect time to lock someone away in a secret prison.

Bruce and Alfred were busy preparing Josie's unconscious body for the burial. The only way to make sure someone like Poison Ivy wasn't a threat, was the lock them away from sunlight and water. Josie's body would shrivel up and go into a sort of hibernation. It was a fate worse than death, but it would protect everyone else in Gotham.

"We're wasting time" Jason protested. He wanted to be out searching the city for Isabella. He knew deep down he wouldn't just stumble across her in some warehouse, Vicki was far too smart for that.

Ellie didn't want to hear it. "Luke is running every search programme that he knows, and Constance and Montoya are searching the streets, we're needed here right now" Ellie informs Jason.

Ellie should have moved faster, she knows she should have got to the Botanical Gardens faster, she could have stopped Lady Arkham from taking Isabella.

"I hate this" Jason shakes his head.

Ellie stops Jason, and holds him by the shoulders. "We will get her back, I promise you that" Ellie tells Jason.

Jason didn't doubt that Ellie would stop until she found Isabella. Jason saw the state of Josie's body after Ellie had interrogated her, Josie was completely covered in chemical burns from the weed killer, it was lucky Josie's body healed itself over time or she would be dead.

Jason nods. "I know" Jason confirms with Ellie.

Jason pulled Ellie into a hug. Both of them were scared of what Vicki Vale was going to do to Isabella. And it would only be together that they would end this nightmare.