|Chapter 13.| Donna Troy.|

———————
|Chapter 13.| Donna Troy.|
———————

Now that the Organisation was no longer after Rachel, Dick had done his job of protecting her

Now that the Organisation was no longer after Rachel, Dick had done his job of protecting her. And after the asylum Dick needed to repair the pieces of his life that he had let shatter over the years.

And being in Chicago, Dick knew exactly who he should go and visit to get his head straight. The one woman who always managed to make his problems into sense. Donna Troy.

Dick had walked most of the way through the city in the winter air. He was huddling his hands in his pockets for warmth and had his hood up to keep his head warm.

The address he had for Donna was a few years old, she came here after the Titans disbanded two years ago. But Dick would try his luck that she still lived at this address.

Dick knocked on the door to the apartment building. No one answered for a moment.

Then the door swung open and Donna looked out hopefully at who was at the door, she was rather perplexed to see it was Dick Grayson stood in her doorway.

"I quit" Dick informed Donna. And then Donna just cracked a smile.

Donna stepped out of her apartment. She took Dick's bag from him and threw it inside the doorway of her apartment. "I'm late" Donna told Dick before she locked the door. She started walking away. "You coming or not?" Donna challenged the boy.

Dick looked to the apartment door and grumbled as he had to jog to catch up with the amazon.

Donna didn't question what a coincidence it was that Ellie and Dick were both in town at the same time to see her. Ellie had come to see her show and had come into town a day earlier. And Dick had now just shown up.

It was the perfect chance to surprise the both of them. If Dick or Ellie knew the other was coming they would leave. Donna would play match maker between the two of them and get them back together, she was tired of seeing them both mopey.

"I thought you already quit Batman" Donna was confused. Dick hadn't been in the game for years. Last Donna heard he was a cop out in Detroit.

"I did" Dick replied. "Not Batman this time, Robin" Dick had let the Robin suit burn in the asylum fire. And that was his way of saying goodbye to Robin forever.

"Okay. What happened?" Donna asked the boy. There was a time when Dick pinned everything on being Robin. That Robin was supposed to be some magical cure for his parents' deaths.