|Chapter 37.| Death In The Family.|

———————
|Chapter 37.| Death In The Family.|
———————

One year later

One year later.

Ellie Bishop sat in her office looking through paperwork, the job had grown boring to her of late, she felt like she was the money keeper and not the scientific inquiry she loved.

Ellie had found herself reading over the same piece of paper over and over again, and still she found that she hadn't picked up a word, because she wasn't at all interest about what it said.

So when her office door opened, she readily welcomed the distraction from what she was doing. It was late at night and no one was supposed to be in the office.

Ellie's intrigue was peaked all the more when she saw the flash of red hair of a man she recognised.

Roy Harper, one of the higher ups in Argus, and he used to be the vigilante Arsenal.

"Do you have an appointment?" Ellie joked with her old friend. Ellie was supposed to be a busy women, that had no free time.

Roy snorted. "Do I need one?" He asked Ellie. Roy always swooped in with his bad news, better to deliver it in person.

Ellie opened the draw of her desk, picking out two crystal glasses, and a bottle of whisky. She slides a glass over to Roy, who had taken a seat opposite Ellie at her desk.

"For you my dear, never" Ellie tells the boy. They had been friends nearly ten years. Oliver always used to bring Roy over to the Manor when he and Bruce had Justice League meetings. And now Roy was a member of Argus.

Roy takes a sip of his drink, leaning back in his chair and relaxing. "God I miss being able to just sit down" Roy comments, he had been running Task Force X lately and didn't really get much time to sit around and relax.

"You could always leave Argus and come and work for me here?" Ellie suggested. She would find a position for him. "I'm sure Bruce would be happy to see you again" Ellie poses to Roy.

"Yeah, your dad happy?" Roy asked her unsure. "That's a good joke" Roy laughed. He looked up to Bruce, in a respectful sort of way. "You still with Dick?" Roy asked the girl. It had been so long since they had spoke.

"Yeah, we're making the long distance thing work" Ellie tells Roy. Dick was running the Titans out of San Francisco, and Ellie needed to be here in Gotham. It was tough at times. Ellie made sure that she went out to San Francisco as much as possible. "He needs to be there for the Titans, and I can't leave Gotham" Ellie sighs to Roy.