|Chapter 62.| Guilt.|

———————
|Chapter 62.| Guilt.|
———————

Dr Jonathon Crane received a particular type of treatment at Arkham Asylum, one way of looking at it was that he had some luxury because of his status with the GCPD, another way of looking at it was that he had the horror of isolation

The guards kept Scarecrow in complete isolation from the other inmates, Crane was far too dangerous to be allowed to have regular contact with anyone else. He used to have a knack of turning other inmates against their own self interests, and had almost escaped on many occasions.

Crane had an escort of four armed guards, their guns trained on him every second that he was allowed to walk around the Maximum Security Wing for his exercise, he was too dangerous to be allowed out into the yard.

Crane picked up his daily medication, not that they did much to dull the insanity inside of his mind.

As Crane strolled back towards his cell, he noticed that one by one his guards seemed to disappear, paid to be anywhere else but guarding Crane at this time.

As Crane continued walking three inmates stepped out from open cells, each of them had a type of weapon in their hands.

Crane couldn't help but laugh at this frail attempt at jumping him. "I warn you, step away" Crane growls at them. He was known to be the intelligent criminal who loved to inflict fear upon his victims, very few knew he was capable in combat, he may not have his scythe with him but he could still defend himself.

"This is from Red Hood" the first inmate screamed, he lunged forward with his Shiv, and Crane easily turned the blade back against the inmate and buried it in his stomach.

The other two tackled Crane from behind, Crane was pinned down to the ground, the inmates readying their shivs to strike Crane in the back.

Two guards had heard the commotion and ran to aid Crane. The guards used their batons to beat down the inmates until they were no longer a threat.

"Red Hood wants you, he's going to get you" one of the inmates managed to say through a mouthful of blood, then he passed out from the pain.

Crane slowly sits up and revels in all of the blood that he is surrounded by, and the dead body that Crane had left behind, he revelled in the feeling of taking another life, he had forgotten the feeling of stealing the life from another.

Crane started cackling loudly.

———————