|Chapter 5.| Alfred Pennyworth.|

———————
|Chapter 5.| Alfred Pennyworth.|
———————

It had been a long few days without any school for Ellie, she was at home everyday just watching tv and she was getting very bored

It had been a long few days without any school for Ellie, she was at home everyday just watching tv and she was getting very bored. Barbara and Luke came by often after school, but they couldn't only stay for a little while before they had to get home. Dick hadn't come by since that day on the couch, Ellie wondering if it was because he was scared of Constance, or whether he was stuck working.

And Ellie was worrying about what Dick was doing now. Gotham was not an easy place to be a police officer, and Dick always seemed to find trouble.

So when Saturday finally came around Ellie was overjoyed to be allowed to leave the house again since she wasn't off ill from school anymore.

And so Ellie got up early and showered and dressed, today was the day she had promised herself that she would go to Wayne Manor and see Alfred.

Ellie did want to check up on Alfred to see how he was doing since Bruce had left. Barbara said that he was becoming a shut-in and not really leaving the Manor for anything. Ellie wanted to see for herself what was happening with Alfred before she rendered a verdict.

Only Constance had gotten up and left the house, everyone else was enjoying a lazy morning in bed on a Saturday. Ellie had a lot that she wanted to get done today and she needed the early start.

Alfred always woke up early to tend to the house so Ellie wasn't worried about it being too early when she set off from the house.

Ellie chose not to take the car service today as she hated being drive around. So instead she elected for taking the bus, it would be about half an hour to leave the city and reach the bus stop closest to the manor. People called it the servants routes as all of the housekeepers and such took this bus route to reach the estates that they worked at. All of the rich mansions were close to each other.

Ellie decided that her time on the bus would be best spent replying to the swarm of text messages she had received from Barbara and Luke. It was going to be easier replying to them both in a group chat.

Ellie Bishop:
I'm okay. I'm going to be back at school next week.

Barbara Gordon:
Geez, you gave me a heart attack when you weren't answering anyone's messages.

Luke Fox:
At least you're okay. That was a pretty bad fall that you took.

Ellie Bishop:
I have a bone to pick with you Fox. When did you think it was a good idea to let Dick Grayson carry me across campus?