|Chapter 30.| Frantic.|

———————
|Chapter 30.| Frantic.|
———————

Dick found the Scarlet Rose

Dick found the Scarlet Rose. It wasn't hard to see with all of the men lining up to get in and see the show. Dick didn't have time to wait in line so he snuck in through the back loading entrance.

It was a burlesque show. Women parading around in stockings and silks, garnering the attention of the rich and powerful men that courted them. Dick easily manoeuvred between the men, as they were all watching the show.

Dick had no interesting in watching such women. He was only interested in one woman, and she was above such petty dances and obvious attires, but Ellie had his heart completely. He needn't look at other women.

A blonde woman approached Dick, being the best looking guy in the room. "You wanna buy me a drink?" She asks with an obvious smile.

"I don't think my girlfriend would like me to" Dick hinted that he wanted nothing to do with the woman.

"I can handle your girlfriend" the blonde smirks. Dick snorted, if only she knew who she was talking about.

"Look, I have no interest, I love my girlfriend" Dick said with a smile. Thinking about Ellie made him happy, a lot happier than he was at the moment with everyone else.

Dick walks past the girl. He had spotted who he had come to meet. Mati Mattise.

Dick sat down next to the woman. She clearly commanded power around here, as no one else dared to bother her. "Hi" Dick announces himself.

Mati looked the boy up and down. She regarded Dick as good lucking, but also that he looked out of place in an establishment like this. "You're at the wrong table, creamsicle. This one's mine" Mati informed Dick. Just as cold as he was used to sometimes.

"I was hoping we could share" Dick said hopefully, he knew how to turn on the charm when he needed to.

"Tempting..." Mati lied. "But I'm not in the mood" Mati informed Dick. She looked past the boy to watch the performers on the stage.

"I think we could be friends" Dick tells her. Her sister was dead, and Dick wanted to find the man who had done it.

"Friends need a reason. A common goal or a condition" Mati spoke with a sage wisdom. She almost spoke like Bruce. Just without the rage hiding behind her every word.

"Or a common enemy" Dick informs the woman. Dick would do anything to protect his family, he needed to find Deathstroke. "I'm sorry about your sister" Dick apologised to Mati.