|Chapter 95.| The Apologies I Need To Make.|

———————
|Chapter 95.| The Apologies I Need To Make.|
———————

Everyone has been keeping their distance from Jason, no one wants to be the first one to talk to the boy that has been trying to kill them for the past six months

Everyone has been keeping their distance from Jason, no one wants to be the first one to talk to the boy that has been trying to kill them for the past six months. They all know deep down that it's Jason that they're talking to now, and not the Red Hood that Crane turned him into, but they all still have their issues to work through with him before they call him family again.

Jason is sat alone in the crappy excuse of a training room that looks like it's never been used but is in disrepair at the same time. It's the only place he's been able to get any peace and quiet. The only place that he can't be seen by Dick.

Isabella knocks on the training room door before she enters, she's carrying a tray of rations that the Belfry has to offer, it's not much, but they won't go hungry like a lot of people in Gotham are right now.

Jason doesn't even look up, he just stares at his trainers and tugs at the laces to try and calm his mind. He knows that only Isabella will come and see him, love does that to a person, makes them drawn to each other.

Isabella sits down next to him on the training room floor. "I brought you some food..." Isabella pushes the tray towards Jason, but he doesn't take it. "...you're going to need to get your strength back, we've got a long fight ahead of us to take back this city" Isabella tells Jason.

Jason doesn't say anything back to Isabella. He's being hit with all of the guilt of the last six months all at once. Killing Bruce. Killing Meredith. Hiring Meredith, who turned Alexis into Punchline. Trying to kill Connor. Trying to kill Dick.

Jason pulls harder at his laces.

Isabella watches him. She isn't used to a quiet Jason Todd, it's nothing like him to be this quiet, he's never been this quiet before, and it's slightly unnerving to her.

"C'mon, this is the first time we've seen each other in nearly two years really, you have nothing to say?" Isabella questions Jason. The Jason she slept with, and fought against, wasn't the real Jason, but the puppet that Ra's turned him into.

The last time that Isabella and Jason really saw each other was Donna's funeral at that airstrip.

Jason hasn't really considered it like that. He died before getting to see her after they agreed to have some time apart.

Part of Jason's charm is that he's confident and speaks his mind, and while his constantly being a jackass can be grating at times to others, it's what Isabella loves about him.