|Chapter 16.| Spiral.|

———————
|Chapter 16.| Spiral.|
———————

Alfred had managed to drag Ellie out of the water plant before the GCPD could get there

Alfred had managed to drag Ellie out of the water plant before the GCPD could get there. Her wounds a lot more severe than the last time.

"Barbara I need that anti-venom prepped now" Alfred ordered the red head back at the Batcave. "Ellie's been hit with a rather large dose of the venom" Alfred told Barbara.

Barbara gasped. "It's not finished yet. It's going to take a while to synthesise. We're not using live ingredients since most of them come out of Mexico. I'm using the Batcomputer to synthesise most of the ingredients" Barbara told Alfred. It would be hours before a working antidote will be ready.

"Then prepare for a full body dialysis to by us some time. Set it up in one of the spare bedrooms upstairs" Alfred ordered Barbara. He was driving like a man possessed in the Rolls across the city.

"On it" Barbara confirmed.

Alfred had never driven so fast in his whole life. But he needed to get Ellie home. She was the only family that he had left. And the closest thing he had to a daughter. "Don't worry Eleanor. You'll be fine. Just stay strong and fight it" Alfred told Ellie. Ellie lying unconscious in the backseat.

———————

"MOM" 5 year old Ellie screamed against the growing crowd of people at Haley's Circus. Her mom had brought Ellie and her family to see the circus because of their good report cards at school, but Ellie had gotten swept away in the crowd.

Her father, Bruce, would just tell her to relax and assess the situation instead of crying. Which is why Ellie preferred staying with her mom.

No one in the crowd would help her. Maybe they couldn't hear her over the loud music playing from the concession stands. Everyone caught in the awe and amazement of the bright lights and performers.

Ellie couldn't even remember which was she had come from because the crowd kept moving.

Ellie had never been left alone before and she wasn't sure that she liked it. The feeling that there was no one to watch her back. She could never do anything important on her own.

"Mommy!" Ellie cried out again. She ran without caring where she went, she just wanted to find someone to help her, or find her mother and family.

Ellie ended up running towards the only thing she could see above the crowd. The large set of red and white striped tents.