|Chapter 57.| The Question.|

———————
|Chapter 57.| The Question.|
———————

Meredith leaped from up high, landing right before Constance, Nightwing and the unconscious Superboy

Meredith pressed her hands to the chest plate of her suit and it activated. The suit's accents lit up with a crimson red light. "It's adapted to soak up the red solar rays" Meredith explains to her sister.

Meredith pulled the blade from her back. The blade shone brightly with the power of the red solar energy. She looked like a sith or some shit with a glowing red blade.

Constance pulled her tonfa baton from her leg holster, and readied herself for a fight.

"It won't help you" Constance informed her sister angrily. Constance had never lost a fight to Meredith, and she wasn't planning on losing this time, Alexis' life hung in the balance.

Meredith darted forward first, expertly using her glowing katana blade. Constance met her blade with her baton. The two weapons sparked as they clashed. Both having energy supplies.

Constance activated the electrical charge of her baton just in time.

Constance pushed her baton away, and Meredith stumbled backwards. Constance pressed her advantage and struck out at Meredith with her baton.

Meredith rose her blade just in time to block. While both weapons were locked and fighting for dominance, the two sisters fighting to over power each other, Constance pushed to move Meredith away from Alexis.

Nightwing set Superboy down on the ground. There was nothing that Dick could do for Connor at the moment.

Nightwing left the unconscious boy and started scaling the wall to get to Alexis. While Meredith was distracted, Nightwing could free Alexis, and get both her and Connor to safety.

Constance drove her knee up into Meredith's stomach. Meredith doubled over at the contact. Constance grabbed her sister by her hair and her torso, and then drove her face first into the cracked concrete wall.

Meredith laughed as she felt blood gushing down her face from her nose and eye. Meredith looked back to her sister. "Finally, I knew you would never lose that killer instinct. Did you tell Ellie that you used to be just like her? Uncaring. Cold. And that's what made you a great killer" Meredith taunted Constance.

"Leave my children out of this" Constance ordered her sister.

"Don't be silly Connie, after Alexis croaks, I'll have to pick another daughter, it's not like I can use Bridget now is it?" Meredith taunted Constance over her already dead daughter.