|EXILE.| Chapter 38.|

———————
|EXILE.| Chapter 38.|
———————

The bodies of the Vales were taken away by the GCPE about an hour ago, and an official investigation is to be opened into their conduct with other adopted children and foster children the Vale family had in the past

Isabella had left the Batfamily the final clue they needed to track Vicki Vale down, and end this once and for all. It made sense that Vicki is going to make her stand at Arkham Asylum, it is the only legacy that she feels that she has, and her psyche is unravelling.

What remains of the Batfamily (Ellie, Jason, Bruce, Constance, Alfred and Luke) all gather around the Batcomputer. They have two videos playing on the screen. One is a live feed inside Arkham Asylum, which still looks peaceful, Vale hasn't made her move yet. And the other is old footage from the Botanical Gardens, of Isabella being beaten in a fight by Lady Arkham.

"She has had training" Bruce confirms. He can see the technique in her movements. Bruce knows the style, and only the worst criminals are taught such methods in Pena Dura prison.

Vale fights with efficiency and resolve.

"Where the fuck did she get a weapon so powerful? And why the fuck don't we have them?" Jason asks the Batfamily.

Luke is the one to answer. "If this staff is powered the same way as the bullet that shot Isabella, then it's powered by negative energy, Vicki Vale has literally found a way to use her psychosis and channel it into an energy source" Luke concludes. It is very very advanced bioengineering. Beyond what even Luke understands. "Wielding a weapon like that will take a toll on her, drain her" Luke confirms.

"With it, she seems rather unbeatable" Alfred adds. Isabella hadn't been able to get close during her fight with Lady Arkham, the weapon coupled with Vicki's skills makes her a formidable enemy.

Ellie shakes her head. "It doesn't matter how invincible she seems, we have to save Isabella, and stop Lady Arkham and Black Mask" Ellie tells them all. They have faced so much worse in their tenure in this cave, they shouldn't run scared now. "Fear" Ellie says, a lightbulb turning on in her mind.

"Fear?" Constance asks. No one is following the same logic train as Ellie.

Ellie walks away abruptly, and returns from the weapons vault moments later with a metal case in her hands.

"She has an energy weapon, I say that we level the playing field" Ellie tells the Batfamily. Ellie opens the case to reveal the shattered remains of Scarecrow's scythe, powered by fear energy.