|EXILE.| Chapter 26.|

———————
|EXILE.| Chapter 26.|
———————

Everyone felt the weight of what had happened to Jim Gordon over the next few days

Everyone felt the weight of what had happened to Jim Gordon over the next few days. Barbara wasn't coming back, she had made that pretty clear, and Luke needed to be with her while she mourned her father's death.

They all needed time off, however they knew that Roman would be attacking the debate next, and his goal was to kill Hamilton Hill.

The Batfamily had lost a lot of people of late, and had been beaten down more times than they should've allowed, and they couldn't lose anyone else.

Ellie, Valkyrie, Jason, Bruce and Alfred all sat in the Batcave in a sort of sad silence while they worked.

Isabella and Jason seemed to be effected most by what had happened. Isabella had known Gordon almost her entire life, and it was weird him not being there on the news as Mayor. It was Jason's first loss of someone he knew, and that effected him more than he thought it would.

Ellie and Bruce could process their guilt without letting it show, both being experts at being robots by now.

"Roman killed Maroni to cut him out of the drug profits, and to tidy up loose ends. Then he sends Mr Freeze to kill Gordon, our Mayor" Bruce summarises the events that Black Mask had done so far. "And now tonight he's going to attack the debate, and GCPD is severely depleted since Roman slaughtered or corrupted most of the force" Bruce continues.

"If Hill and Harvey are both killed tonight, then Roman would have eliminated all the leads of the city, and with no Mayor Roman could step in and take over the city" Ellie decided, it was a good plan to take out all the candidates for Mayor and tie up his loose ends, but Gotham wouldn't let just anyone step up to become Mayor. Roman's plan had to go deeper than this.

"So, we're saying this has gone beyond profit and simple revenge for Roman now?" Valkyrie asks her family. She would love nothing more than to get her hands on Roman Sionis, and beat him for all the pain he's caused. "That doesn't really track for Roman, he wants revenge against Bruce's parents, how does becoming Mayor help him with that?" Valkyrie wonders.

"Roman may not want to become Mayor himself, if he could plant a candidate as Mayor, someone under the influence of his drug, then he'd have power that he could use against Bruce" Ellie tells her sister. And it could be anyone that was under Roman's mind control.

"How about we just find him, and beat fuck out of him?" Jason suggested, it would solve all of their current problems if Roman was locked away in Arkham.

"He's not wrong" Ellie tells Isabella and Bruce. "If we take out Roman tonight, then it solves this whole problem" Ellie says to her family. This started with Roman, and once Roman was taken out his whole organisation crumbles.