|Chapter 63.| Initium.|

———————
|Chapter 63.| Initium.|
———————

Gar and Ellie set up the experiment in the Batcave, a way that they could help Kory get back the memories, or even figure out what is making her lose her mind

Gar is excited to be working with the high tech equipment that Luke just leaves lying around the Batcave, and the fancy inventions that Luke just happens to leave on his workbench

Kory needs to find out what is making her powers spiral out of control, and make her attack her friends, she could have killed Gar only minutes ago.

And Ellie needs the distraction from all of the rest of the crap going on in her life. Even how she is dressed and cleaned up shows how much she is in crisis, her hair is tied back messily, and she's wearing joggers and one of Dick's old teeshirts. Just getting out of bed and facing the day seemed like climbing a mountain to Ellie.

Ellie inputs the correct data into the sensory deprivation tank, Luke has modified it to be more effective, and the team often uses it for meditation during their training.

Gar is excited to see how the experiment is going to turn out. "It's a sensory deprivation tank, Dick said Bruce used it for meditation. It's supposed to help you block out the outside world, and get super focused" Gar tells Kory, he's excited that his idea might help to figure out Kory's problem.

Ellie shakes her head. "It's a little more complicated than that" Ellie tells the two, without looking up from the tank settings.

Kory sneers at the tank. "Are you putting me in a time out?" Kory questions Gar.

"Look, it's supposed to work. It's made out of reinforced steel and depleted promethium, so it's basically indestructible" Gar informs Kory.

"Meaning?" Kory asks.

"Meaning you won't blow a hole through it" Ellie tells Kory, like Kory had blown apart the kitchen during her latest episode, and not to mention Gar's arm, which is a very bad burn that needs seeing to.

"Or hurt anyone" Gar adds, this is a safe way for Kory to search the deeper meaning behind her visions.

Kory didn't like the idea of climbing into a casket looking device, but she needs to find out what is going on with her powers, and why they are betraying her.

Kory nods in a quiet agreement to the experiment.

Kory climbs into the tank, and Ellie begins the process of activating the tank. The lid slides closed over Kory.