|Chapter 14.| #Grayship.|

———————
|#Grayship.|
———————

MATURE CONTENT WARNING

Donna and everyone had seen the kiss between Dick and Ellie. It had captured everyone's attention. Some even applauded thinking that it was an interactive art piece on the desires of young people in social situations.

Ellie and Dick had decided to leave though so they could talk things through before deciding on what they were going to do. And Donna knew she should have waited to make up the couch for Dick, if history was any indication then he wouldn't be returning to Donna's apartment tonight.

Ellie and Dick weren't heading anywhere in particular. They were just walking through the city with each other.

"Sorry about ambushing you back there, I just felt the need to kiss you again" Dick apologised. It was a great kiss. Much better than their first. Since their first kiss was right in the middle of them having casual sex.

"Don't apologise. It was a nice kiss. I was just a little surprised that you of all people kissed me with people around, you used to hate showing affection in front of people" Ellie tells him.

"I think it's easier knowing you'll never see them people again" Dick laughs at her. "And I've been wanting to do that for a while" Dick couldn't deny himself from kissing her any longer.

"You have?" Ellie asked him. "What exactly happened to you while you were gone? You seem at like you're...I don't know...at peace with yourself" Ellie commented. There was still battles waging in his head, but he had sorted out a lot of his issues the past few weeks.

Dick laughs nervously. "It's going to sound silly" Dick tells her.

"Tell me anyways" Ellie stops and takes a seat on a wooden bench. Dick stands in front of her.

"We got locked in this asylum run by this group wanting to find Rachel. They made me take lots of different chemicals that opened up my mind. And I saw the both of us that night at the circus" Dick starts to tell Ellie.

Ellie knew the circus was hard for him to talk about, he never liked to bring it up. So Ellie took both of his hands in hers. To let him know he was safe.

"And after getting the crap kicked out of me by my younger self, he reminded me that I never should have left you in Gotham. That I should have stayed and fought for you" Dick tells Ellie. He puts his hand on her cheek and rubs his thumb over her face affectionately.

"I should never have asked you to leave. I was angry and I let it consume me" Ellie apologised to Dick. "I've spent the past five years suppressing everything that comes close to an emotion and I hate what I've started to turn into. I want a life that's not completely about that fucking Batcave" Ellie tells Dick.