|Chapter 19.| The Police Officers' Ball.|

———————
|Chapter 19.| The Police Officers' Ball.|
———————

SEXUAL CONTENT

SEXUAL CONTENT. MENTIONS OF RAAPE.

Wayne International Plaza was known for throwing elaborate events. And tonight was no exception.

Ellie looked in awe at the ballroom of the Plaza. Black seemed to be the central theme around the event since it was the police officers' colour of uniform. It was the colour of the ballroom drapes that guests had to walk through to get to the main event. It matched the colour of the black table cloths, the marble flooring and the dress code of the evening.

Hundreds of table decorated the outside of the hall (they would seat ten people a table) and the centre of the ballroom clear for those who were dancing to the string quartet. Ellie loved watching people ballroom dancing.

Most of the GCPD officers had shown up in their dress formals. Ellie remembered when Jim was the Commissioner and how these events felt like its own little community of family.

Ellie spotted Barbara and Luke waltzing with all of the adults. There was no hiding it from anyone anymore. Both of them were laughing and giggling with each other as they danced.

Jim Gordon was joking around with some of his old patrol men. Jim had come up through the force with a lot of the older men on the force,

Constance was making the rounds with all of the donors of the evening to raise money for the force (they needed new riot gear). She and Ellie hadn't spoken about Ellie's nightly activities, and Ellie knew not to push a confrontation.

Ellie felt a little out of place wearing a dress, as she was usually a hoodie and jeans sort of girl. With all the makeup and her hair being styled made her feel over the top. At least Barbara gave her a choice whether she wore heels or not, and naturally Ellie chose her converse.

"A rather nice turn out" Alfred announced himself to Ellie. Ellie already knew that he was behind her, she was developing a sixth sense for these type of occasions. Something about battling Gotham's worst every night had started to heighten her skills and abilities. "I'm rather fond of the GCPD's work" Alfred informs Ellie.

"Then maybe you should make a donation?" Ellie suggested to the older man.

"I think our contribution to the safety of this city rivals that of the GCPD. I will however endeavour to make a contribution" Alfred informed Ellie. No one ever threw a fundraiser for Batman, not that he needed it.

"We don't do what we do for the money Alfred. We do it to keep the city safe. I think that makes us brothers and sisters in arms with many of the men and women here tonight" Ellie educated Alfred. Money and recognition didn't factor into Ellie's mind when she faced off against Mr Zsasz or Copperhead.