|Chapter 11.| Victor Zsasz.|

———————
|Chapter 11.| Victor Zsasz.|
———————

The night rolled in slowly over Gotham city but the light from the Lantern Festival could be seen even from Wayne Manor, where frantically the Batfamily worked to find out where Bridget could be being kept

"It has to be somewhere close to the festival. Zsasz and Falcone want to make this as public as possible" Ellie informed the group. They wouldn't go through all of the trouble of keeping Bridget until the first public event in almost a year to make their hostage exchange. They want the public to know the GCPD can't protect them.

Barbara was all dressed up in a dark green dress that really showed off the red in her hair. She needed to be at the festival tonight for Jim's announcement that he's running for Mayor. It was important to Jim so Ellie insisted that Barbara still go to the announcement.

Barbara was still tapping away furiously at the Batcomputer searching through every surveillance feed and running facial recognition.

"He will make an error Eleanor, then we will hunt him down" Alfred reassured Ellie. It made her feel a lot better that he was somewhat onboard with Ellie now.

Luke was busy tinkering with something on the gantry where the super suits were all stored, no one had the time to watch him tinker with new tech right now.

"Hey" Ellie put her hand on Barbara's shoulder. "You should probably get going if you're going to make your dad's announcement on time" Ellie informed Barbara.

Barbara scoffed. "I'm not going to leave for some event while you're sister's life is in the balance" Barbara told Ellie. Barbara knew it was important to her dad, but if she left someone in danger then it went against who she was.

"Barbara, your father needs you" Ellie knows how important the event was for the Gordon family. "It's important for your family. Me, Alfred and Luke can keep looking for Bridget. Besides you can be an extra set of eyes at the event, you can call if you see anything" Ellie assured Barbara that it was okay for her to leave.

"If you're sure" Barbara wasn't comfortable with the idea, but she had committed to being at the event with her father.

"Gotham needs a good mayor" Ellie smiled happily to Barbara. "He could change Gotham and you could help him to do that" Ellie offered to Barbara. Jim Gordon is the change that Gotham needed.

"We are in perfect hands Miss Gordon" Alfred assured Barbara. "Me and Master Fox will continue to monitor the situation from the Batcave and Miss Eleanor can step in if she is needed" Alfred tells Barbara.