Mouthful of Diamonds

"This stinks!" Keith growls as he pokes at his new glasses.
"Atleast you don't look like the girl from Finding Nemo." Kayson scoffs as she shows her teeth. Teeth that are now accustomed with braces.
"You two look adorable." I say as I click a quick pic.
"Mom!"
"Chucks going to have a field day with this." Keith sighs.
"Hes gonna call me "Brace Face." I can feel it." Kayson pouts.
"If it makes you feel better Jamie got braces too."
"And your mom had both glasses and braces growing up." Tommy smirks, "I've seen pictures."
"I bet you got picked on." Keithy makes a face.
"Not really. But also your Uncle Luke and Aunt Haley said I looked cute and so I went along with it."
"No one going to think we're cool." Kayson frowns, "oh my god what will Killian and Jack think of me now? What if they thinks I'm ugly!"
"Kayse, baby deep breaths. They will not think that." I promise as I chuckle as her small crush in the other boys.
"Killian is two years older than me. If I'm going to snag him when I'm a freshman and he's a junior I've got work to do." The girl deadpans.
"Oh brother."

I pull up to the house as Kam and the kids come walking over.
"Merida wanted a play date so I figured I'd take the kids to the movies". He says as grins, "why aren't they getting out the car?"
"They think everyone's going to laugh." Tommy says as he checks his phone for a text from Quinn.
"Let's go guys. Get out."
With a grumble the twins stepped out of the car.
"Oh wow my husband looks even cuter with glasses." Merida gushes as she hugs Keith, who smiles bashfully.
"Oh. Really?" Keith asks with a head tilt.
"Duh! We are gonna be the new it couple."
"It couple? You're nine and ten !" I state looking at the two.
"Second and third grade is different from the stone ages." Killian says with a shrug before looking at Kayson.
"Alright. Let me see that pretty smile." He poked her cheek playfully.
"Mmmhmm." She shakes her head.
"Come on Kayse, lemme see."
Sighing she throws him a giant smile.
"Cool! You got yellow and purple! Yellows my favorite color." The boys states as he steps back by his dad.
"I know- I mean really?"

The kids left with Kam and Tommy went to help Jack on some last minute graduation things. I head inside to see Clay attempting to open a jar of soup. I stay silent as he finally gets it open.
"Way to go Rocky." I state walking forward with a smile.
"Oh hey! What're you doing back so early? Where's the kids?"
"Kam took them. Appointments finish early."
He nods as he comes closer to kiss me.
"I was thinking. The house is empty. Why don't we exercise that arm by you taking my clothes off?"
"Have Mercy."

"So, you were a teen mom, a single one at that, but you finished school and made a good life for yourself and the twins. Any regrets?" Julian asks as he videos me for his documentary.
"I wasn't really a single mom ya know? I had my mom, my brothers, Haley, Skills, Mouth, Chase, Ferguson, Tom, Junk.. I had Brooke, who would babysit nonstop if she could, Peyton who helped keep me acting like a teenager, Kam who literally stood by my side no matter what. And now I have Clay and Mikey and you. I have a whole village. The only regret I have is Uncle Keith and Kayson not being here."