Nobody Taught Us to Quit

"Did you do it yet? Did you do it yet?" Killian asks as he, James, Keith,Merida and Kayson come running into the room with Haley, Kameron and Mikey following them

"No. I told you I'd wait, and I waited."

"Sweet. It's gonna be so gross." Mikey adds from beside Kam with a scrunched up nose.
"It's gonna be totally gross." Agrees Merida as she holds Keith's hand.

"Come on, chop-chop" Jamie claps his hand.

"You know, on second thought, I think I'm just gonna leave it." I say with a playful grin as the kids smiles fall.
"Oh, no, you won't. The doctor said that you have to change the bandages every other day, and it's been three days already." Haley states coming closer to me with the supplies.

"Okay, but Clay's probably coming home today. You know, it can be something him and I do together, like a...like a bonding thing. Some couples go bowling. We'll change each other's gunshot wounds. Besides, it feels kind of oozy." I state leaning back.
"Awesome. Let's see it!" The twins yell together as the kids move in closer.
"Blake, I am a mother, and I volunteer at a crisis center. This is a piece of cake for me. Let's go." Haley says, gloves at the ready.
"Okay. It's not that bad, right?" I ask as we remove the bandages.

"I'm gonna throw up." Kameron's hand flies to his mouth as Killian grins, "sick!"
"Passing out here." Kaysons gags.
"Haley!"

"Okay. So I moved some of Clays clothes into the closet and Quinn and Tommy left food for you guys in the oven. The twins are having book time in their rooms, Jack is making himself a snack so I can take you to see your man. Anything else you need me to do?"
"No babe, thank you."
"Great. Move over."
Chase relaxing into the bed beside me with a long sigh.
"Whats got you sighing like that?"
"Women. Alex and Mia."
"Ahhh the ex wants you back but your having a time with the actress."
"Exactly. Ya know I miss when it was us sneaking around."
"You don't deserve to be with someone who only wants to sneak around. You deserve to be with someone who will yell your name from the rooftop of a very tall building." I smile, laying my head on his shoulder.
"Thats it this throuple is becoming real." Chase declares as he grabs my hand.
"Gotta get daddy Clay on the throuple train."

"Hey, gorgeous." I grin, walking into Clays room.
"Hey."
"How you feeling?"
"Lucky to be alive. And to be here with you in all of your oozy wonder."
"Oozy?" I make a face.
"I talked to Jamie and the twins."

"Oh! Gross. I don't want to talk about it. Sorry I'm not so pretty for you." I frown, giving him puppy eyes.
"If that's your story. Come here. You know, before you walked in, I was lying here worrying about ISC stealing all my clients. And then I thought..."I'm lying here...Alive." And not just that, but I get to go home and wake up next to you every morning. That's about as close to perfect as it gets. Even on the days when your bullet wound is festering."
"Ew. Oh! "Festering" is a horrible word. I don't want to fester. Gross." I gag out slapping his hand.
"This is a miracle, Blake Scott. Let's try to remember that."
" Okay. But I still don't want to fester."
"I think that's fair."
"Look at you handsome! I brought you a slushy." Chase cheeses as he holds up his cup.

"Do I avoid things?"
"Well hello to you too little brother."
Nathan kisses my head as he sits beside me at my table.
"So do I?"
"Yeah but I think that's a Scott thing. Lucas does it too."
"And you don't?" Nathan raises his brow, stealing my bowl of icecream.
"Uh no. I'm amazing."
"Am I the only one who didn't know I avoided things?"
"You've done it your whole life, avoiding things was how you survive in a house with Dan and Deb Scott." I shrug, taking my bowl back.

"Wow. Someone makes standing up look kind of sexy." I comment, shooting Clay a smirk.

"Hey."
"You ready to go?"
"Yeah. This is for you. A little birdie told me for some crazy reason, that you were feeling self-conscious about your injuries. I don't know much about fashion, but I do know that no woman alive wears a dress like the one I love. And nothing's ever gonna change that."
Clay hands me a bag with a gorgeous dress in it.
"It's amazing. I love it. But I love you even more." I state, kissing his lips.
"Well, that's good. Here's what I'm thinking. You put on that dress. I'll get my suit on. And let's get the hell out of here. And we're not leaving in that thing, either." He points at the wheelchair.
"You sure?"
"Yeah. They wheeled us into this place. We're walking out."
"God, you amaze me, you know that?" I grin.
"I'm just getting started with you."
Clay and I walk to the exit to see our friends.
"What'd you expect...confetti?" Nathan questions playfully.

"How you doing?" I ask as Clay and I enter the house.

"I'm okay... As long as we never leave again. That was a long climb up those stairs."
"Come on. You should get some rest. We're gonna be okay." I soothe before smiling at Jack.
"Thanks for babysitting J."
"No problem! They're sleeping now. Hey, you're still coming to graduation right?"
"Of course. You'll have the whole clan there, kid."