The Games that Play Us

Some people believe that raven's guide travelers to their destinations

Some people believe that raven's guide travelers to their destinations. Others believe that the sight of a solitary raven is considered good luck. While a group of ravens predicts trouble ahead. And a raven right before battle promises victory.

I gave a fake smile at the basketball game. Today was a long, tiring, hurtful day.

*Hours Earlier*

I lazily drug myself out of bed. I really wasn't looking forward to today. I haven't spoken to Jake since he left, which is killing me. I haven't talked to Lucas since he asked to move, which I think is hurting way worse. Why would he want to leave? I get that Dan's a dick and mom lied to us when we were younger about him. I get that, but running from your problems does not help anything.

''Can I come in?'' Luke calls from the other side of the door.

"I guess.''

Luke entered my room and stood in front of me.

''You know me wanting to leave has nothing to do with you, right?''

''I just don't understand why you think leaving is going to solve your problems. News flash Luke, its not.''

''Blake, come on.''

''No, you come on. What is with all the boys in my life leaving me? First Jake and now you. Who's next? Mouth? Nathan?'' I walk out of my room without another word.

**Game**

I cheered as Nathan made a score.

''Wooo Go Nathan!!" I cheered.

I took a long look at Luke and closed my eyes.

**Hours Earlier**

I was sitting on the porch when mom came and sat beside me.

''You okay?'' I ask her.

''Are you?'' She raised a brow.

''Its going to be weird without Luke here. We've always been by each others side. We shared a womb, our first bedroom. He's my best friend mom, I don't want him to go.''

Mom wrapped an arm around me.

''I know these last few weeks have been hard on you, with Jake leaving. But one thing you'll never have to question is your brother's love for you. you and Luke are twins, you two are closer than anyone I've ever met. Yeah, he'll be living three hours away, but he'll be back.''

I gave her a smile.

''Are you okay letting the man you love and your son move?'' I asked resting my head on her shoulder.

''Its for the best. I can't give Keith what he wants, at least not right now. And Luke seems to really want this. So to make him happy, I'm letting him go. He'll be back though, he always comes back home.''