Race Like a Pro

Soon work ended and it was time for school to end as well, which meant it was also basketball try outs, which ended up with the twins dragging me to see their favorite cousin and uncles

''My name is Lucas Scott. I'm the new head basketball coach of the Tree Hill Ravens. This is Antwon Taylor. He's the new assistant head coach. You want our credentials? They're hanging right there.I must congratulate you. For some of you, it took only four years to destroy the legacy coach Durham took 35 years to build. Nice work. So, as of today, all 12 roster spots are available. It doesn't matter if you played last year. In three days, we'll have our final roster. If you want to be on it, then I would advise you go hard. Skills?''

"Hey buddy.''

Jamie smiles at me as we all look back at Luke.

''I would definitely go hard.''

''One-on-two drill. ''

'' Everybody line up at half court.''

Haley walks into the gym, giving me a defeated look before the five of us walk to Luke.

''Mama, I'm gonna race in a soap-opera derby.'' Jamie grins up at his mother before the twins opened their mouths.

''We wanna do that!''

''What?''

''How was your first day?'' Luke asks Haley as he gave the both of us hugs, eyes still glued to the court.

''Um, horrible. My first class, like, attacked me, and I ran out in tears, and principal Turner had to finish the rest of my classes.''

''I'm sorry, Hales.''

''They were awful, so mean... especially this one kid, who was, like, sexually harassing me.''

''What?'' I asked, eyes locking onto her hazel ones.

''Who was it?''

Haley's eyes move to the boy who had just walked in, ''Him."

''Hello, there, Mrs. James-Scott.'' The boy's eyes ran over her before he winks at me.

''I will end you.'' I promised, eyes turning to slits before Haley was pulling me away.

''We'll see you later, okay?'' She promises my brother before the two of us and our children walked out.

''I hope Lucas puts that brat in his place.'' I seethed, shaking my head.

''You and me both. You coming over?''

''Hmm, I don't know... depends on if the kids were good today. Were you guys good?'' I look at the little ones.

''Yeah!" "I stayed on green mommy.'' ''I pinched Holly Foreman for pulling Keithy's hair.''

My eyes stay on Kayse, ''I'm so glad you take up for Keithy, Kayson, but no more pinching, alright?''

''Okay mommy.''