What Comes After the Blues

''I think you drink too much

''I think you drink too much.''

I nod along to what Jamie said as my kids, Nate, James and I stood in Lucas's room.

''I think you're right.''

''Damn. Think somebody got thrown through a plate-Glass window. Dude, it seriously smells like ass in here.''Nathan's face showed disgust.

'' And rotten cheese.''

''And feet.''

''It smells like someone farted.'' Kayson scrunched her nose up.

''Go away. ''

''Ew, and bad breath.'' Keithy gags stepping back.

''I said, "go away."''

Luke's head shot up as he looked at the kids.

'' Ho...''

''Oh shit.'' Slipped from my mouth as I held in a laugh.

''What?''

''Have you seen your head?'' My younger brother asks.

''Not lately.''

''You have a mohawk.''

''I do?''

''Awesome. Can I get one, daddy?'' Jamie plays with his uncle's hair.

''Sure, if you want to look goofy like your uncle Lucas.''

''Kind of like he has a tail... just on his head.''

''I want one too mama.''

''And cut off those adorable curls? I don't think so.'' I gave Keith a smile.

''Kids, why don't you go get Luke a bottle of water, huh?''

''Okay.''

The kids leave as Nathan and I rounded on Lucas.

''i thought we were gonna see you at that school-Board hearing.'' Nathan states.

''Yeah.''

''They suspended you, Luke. 10 games. '' I comment, brow raised.

''There's only 11 left.''

''Not for you.''

''Here you go!'' Kayse jumps on the bed to give Luke his water, the boys close behind.

''All right, Jamie. Let's get going.''

''Okay. Bye, uncle Lucas. Cool hair.''

''Alright kids, its time we go too.''

''Bye Uncle Lucas!''

''See ya uncle Luke... Brush your teeth.'' Kayson instucts as the kids ran to the porch.

''Look, Luke... I know from experience whatever answers you're looking for... You're not gonna find them like this... Trust me. I know it sucks that Lindsey's dating, And it sucks that you grabbed that player, but don't make it worse. The darkness doesn't have any answers, Luke.'' Nathan assures our brother before walking out.

''He's right.''

''You know, you almost hit me down there.'' I comment, walking onto the roof of Clos/Bros.

''I was trying to.''

''Hey, just cause you're pissed at Luke doesn't mean you have to be pissy at me.''

''I'm not mad at you cause of Lucas. I'm mad cause you slept with Chase, a lot of times apparently.''

My eyes widen as I bit my lip, ''What?''

''You heard me. You suck at secrets when you're shit faced.''

''So what? What Chase and I did doesn't matter.''

''Oh really? Than why haven't you told Brooke or me for that matter? I thought we were your friends.''

''You are my friends, but i don't have to tell you about every guy I fucked. Look, Brooke doesn't like Chase anyways.''

Peyton turned towards me, ''They dated.''

''In high school! So I had sex with one of my best friend's ex high school boyfriends. Who cares honestly. You and Brooke both had sex with Nathan and Luke. You fucked Jake and he was the love of my life. I'm not here to fight with you Sawyer.''

''You're right. I'm sorry.'' Peyton hands me a water ballon as we peer over the ledge.

''Luke's car!'' I point out as we both chunked balloons at it.

''How long have you been up here anyways?'' I ask, brow raised.

''Awhile...''

''Hey.''

''You said it made you feel better.'' Peyton scoffs as Haley came to us.

''It's gonna be okay.''

Peyton shook her head as she left.

Haley and I walk over to the wall and pulled out our predictions.

''All right. All clear, you goof."

''No Peyton?''

''No. You need to apologize to her.'' i look at my twin.

''Hey, remember all the water-Balloon battles we used to have up here?''

''Don't change the subject. Actually, now that you mention it, it was junior year, the boy-Toy auction. We had that water-Balloon fight up here, and you saw my tattoo of Nathan's jersey number for the first time.''

''You mean your slutty little tramp stamp.'' Luke sent a smirk at our sister in law.

''I am so barely your friend right now.''

''Sorry.''

''The point is, I was so scared that night. I was falling in love for the first time, and I was so unsure. But I did it. And while it hasn't been easy, it has been everything. We're not kids anymore, Luke. You know... It really hurts me to watch what you're doing.'' Haley frowned.

''Lindsey said no, Hales, I said yes.''

''Don't give me that, Luke. I'm being honest with you right now, and you need to be honest with yourself. What do you want? If Lindsey's the girl that you're in love with, great. If it's Peyton, great. If it's Brooke, just please... Stop hiding your heart... I mean it.''

Haley left and i look at my brother.

''Do you remember how heart broken I was when Jake left?''

''Of course I do. I used to hear you crying at night...''

''You came into my room one night and told me 'Blake Lillian Scott, your heart may be broken but you are NOT a broken person.'..... Lucas Eugene Scott, your heart may be broken, but you are not a broken person', so start acting like it.''

'

"There's my bestie.''

I smiled as Kayson, Merida, Keithy, Kam and I enter Brooke's house.

''What are you guys doing here?'' Brooke's face wore a huge smile as the three kids hugged her.

''Daddy said Angie went home.'' Merida said.

''So we asked if we could have a slumber party.'' Kayson grinned.

''I would love that!''

Kam and I sat beside Brooke as she watched the kids.

''I want this.''

''I know and you will have the life you always wanted soon Brooke.'' Kam pats her leg.

''How do you know?''

''How do we know? You're Brooke Davis, if you want something you make it happen.''