Life In A Glass House

It was Saturday, which meant I was spending the day with Nathan

It was Saturday, which meant I was spending the day with Nathan. I was going over to his house, since Dan was at work and I had no idea where Deb was. I changed before walking downstairs.

''Where are you going this early?'' Mom looked at me.

''I'm going to meet Nathan.'' I sighed.

''Really? Where?'' Mom questioned me.

''The theater. Mom I'll be fine. I love you.'' I pecked her cheek before leaving the house. I decided to walk, Tree Hill was a small town, everything was practically walking distance.

I stopped by a donut shop, picking up two chocolate milks, kolaches and some donut holes.

I finally made it Nathan's, slightly out of breath. Taking a deep breath I knocked on the door, which Nate answered.

''Hey.'' He looked at me awkwardly.

''Hey... I brought breakfast.'' I grinned.

Chuckling, Nathan grabbed the food and led me into the kitchen.

''Nice place.'' I admired.

''I guess. Thanks for breakfast, by the way.''

''Eh, I eat, so I figure you do too.'' I joked.

Nathan glanced at my shirt.

''Nice shirt.'' He huffed playfully.

"It reminded me of you. Look we have something in common.'' I gestured to my shirt playfully.

''So, what do you want to do today?'' Nathan bit into his food.

''Doesn't matter. I'm good with anything, except I don't play video games unless Harry Potter or dance central is included.'' I smiled.

''Well, you're in luck. I happen to have Dance Central.'' Nate smirked at me.

"I'm dying.'' I gasped out as Nate and I collapsed on the couch.

''Who knew you were so good at dancing.'' Nate laughed.

''Hello, I'm a cheer leader...duh.'' I pushed his shoulder.

''I can't remember the last time I laughed like this in this house.'' Nate gave a small smile shaking his head.

''I'm having a good time Nathan. The best in a while.'' I rested my head on his shoulder.

''I'm glad. Bl-''

''What do we have here?''

Nathan and I looked at the door and saw Dan.

''Dad. You're supposed to be at work.'' Nathan stated tensing up.

Dan grinned maliciously at us.

''I decided to come home early.... Isn't this sweet.'' He gestured toward us.