Whats in the Ground Belongs to You

"What're you doing here?" Chase asks as he hands me a drink with a frown on his face

"Well Quinnys having some one on one time with Jamie since Haleys going through a bad time. Keithy is with Mikey, Kam, Merida and Killian at a art exhibit and Kayson is with Tommy and Jack visiting Tommy's mom who's passing through town today."
"And where's our man at?"
"He's working so I decided to come spend some time with you."
"How nice."
"Why are you so snippy, babe?"
I nod at Alex as she sits beside me with a raised brow.
"Relationships suck." The man sighs handing me his phone.
"Okay, but I'm supposed to be the one with relationship problems, and you are supposed to be the "sweet but kind of rough around the edges" bartender who listens and offers sage advice." Alex declares sipping her water.

"You don't have relationship problems... my boy does." I make a face handing Chase his phone back.

"How would you know?"
Chase points at the tv that shows Alex and her "boyfriend" Josh.

"Right. Now I definitely need a drink. shot of Tequila. But you two have to drink it."

"Perfect."
"Alright."

"It's all a lie. Me and Josh, our relationship. See, he kind of made this sex tape of us, and I thought if we were together, maybe it wouldn't look so bad."

"Yeah, I've seen it." Chase nods, "You're prettier in person." I add with a nod.
"Well, I just... I want someone stable, you know? Someone who's normal and reliable and has, like, a regular job."

"Like a bartender?" I smirk motioning towards Chase.

"You're flirty like me. I like that. But you have a girlfriend. A famous, gorgeous, rock-star girlfriend." Alex says looking at said man

"Had...as in not anymore. Cheers."
"Oh baby. Need a hug?" I hold my arms out toward him.
"And you also have your weird throuple thing with Blake and the hot agent."

"Hey. Tell me you're here to celebrate." Alex begs Julian as he sits with us.

"Nope. At this point, more people are gonna see your sex tape than this movie."

"First of all, don't be mean. Second of all, shouldn't you be editing?"

"I'm taking a break."

I make a face at Chase to make him give me a small smile.

"No, you're pouting, is what you're doing. Just like good old chase here." Alex says smirking.

"What are you pouting about? And I'll take a beer. I've heard about your mixed drinks."

"First of all, don't be mean." I deadpanned, "Second, I'm pouting because of this." Chase shows them the text from Mia.

""I don't think it's fair to you that I'm on the road most of the year and that my schedule changes all the time. It's not fair to either of us. I wish things were different, but they aren't. I'm sorry." Mia broke up with you by text message?" Julian scoffs as he sips his beer.

"Mia broke up with me over a series of text messages."

"Texting's evil, man. I got this theory that if the phone was invented after texting, we'd all be like, "this is amazing! You can actually hear their voice!" And nobody would text."

"Yeah, it's not so much the texting part, but the break-up part that bothers me."

"I'm sorry. That's too bad. Mia's a rock star. Literally."

"A really fine rock star. I'd totally sleep with her." Alex says as she shrugs her shoulder.

"Can you guys just drink your drinks and go?"
"Don't worry Chase, you're wayyyy hotter than Mia to me." I wink as I make myself a soda.
"I'm sorry. It's hard to date someone in the entertainment industry. I mean, we're mostly gypsies, you know? We're never home. We're all needy as hell." Alex explains with a huff.
"Where is she right now, anyway?" I ask causing Julian to nod.
"I don't even know. Paris... Spain."

"Tric." I state pointing behind the man.

"Jesus!" I grown as Alex drops another glass.
"Will you just talk to Julian and leave the bartending to me?"
I move away from the duo and take an order as I watch Mia and Chase from afar.

Chase follows me into my my house as I turn on some music and pull out some wine.
"How you feeling, honey?"
"Like my heart got crushed."
I pout before grabbing his hands, "dance with me."
"I don't wanna."
"I don't care."
I start making the man sway before he finally joins in.
"The is actually kind of helping!" Chase laughs loudly as he twirls me around.
"You gotta dance it out sometimes boo!"
"Well well."
Chase and I freeze as our eyes connect with clays.
"I'll pour you some wine." Clay says as I make my way to the man.
"Clay, are you okay? Something's wrong I can tell."
Clays kisses me before stepping back, "we can talk about it later. Let's just cheer up the heartbroken Chase."