Hate is Safer Than Love

''Hey, B

''Hey, B... I brought you a coffee. I know you need it.''

''Thanks Blake, and thank you for coming.''

''Of course i'd come. Angie is one very loved baby. When Kayson finds out I didn't come get her from school to be here, i'm in for a rude awakening.'' I chuckled, picking Angie up.

''Yeah. Peyton went to call Luke. He wanted to be here during the surgery.''

''Of course he does. I think he loves this little girl more than anyone, other than you.''

''Brooke.''

Brooke and I look up to see Dr. Copeland.

''Hi. Big day huh?''

''How you holding up?''

''Nervous. Please tell me you're not... You're not nervous.'' Brooke gave a nervous smile at the Dr.

''She's gonna do great, okay? So are you.''

''Dr. Copeland, we're all set.''

''Okay, this is gonna take a little while, but as soon as I'm done, I will come out and let you know, okay?''

''Okay.''

''Nurse lee is gonna take Angie now.''

I hand Angie back over to B as she nodded her head.

''Hey. Hey, sweet girl. The nice nurse is gonna take you for your surgery now, okay? But nothing is gonna happen to you. I promise, okay? They're just gonna take you and make you better. You're gonna be better, ok?'' Brooke's eyes filled with tears as Angie was taken away.

''Dr. Copeland. What's your name? Your first name?''

''Just try to relax, Brooke, okay? She's in good hands.''

''Everything is going to be alright B. Copeland's the best they say.''

''How long's it been?''

''About an hour.'' I sigh from my spot beside Peyton.

''You said that last time I asked.''

''We know, honey. You asked like 30 seconds ago.'' Peyton patted her thigh.

'' Sorry.''

''It's okay. Hey, I know you're nervous. She's gonna be fine.'

''Yeah. You should get going.'' Brooke looks at Peyton.

''Mnh-Mnh. I'm good.''

''Peyton, I know you have a big day today.''

''Okay. Well, then, tomorrow will just be a bigger day.''

'' I don't even know his first name. Dr. Copeland. I hope it's something nice... Not like a last name for a first name... You know, like "Monroe"... or "Madison."'