Don't Take Me For Granted

''Hales?'' it was very early in the morning and I had just woken up

''Hey... Can you come over? Nate and I had a fight last night and he didn't come home. Luke says he hasn't seen him.''

"I'm on my way.''

I got dressed and made my way down stairs to Luke's room.

''Hey, I'm going over to Haley's... Really?'' I scoff as I saw Nathan on Lucas's floor.

"Blake...'' Nathan drawled out.

I shook my head.

"You lied to Haley?'' I shook my head at Lucas.

''Why are you up so early?'' Luke turned the subject.

''Going to my sobbing sister-in-law's side in this tough period of Nathan being an ass.'' I gave a bow before exiting the house and going to my knew Jeep, that Uncle Keith is leasing me from Dan's Motors. I pay what I can every month with the money I make from the Cafe.

"Hales!" I enter the apartment to see Haley sitting at the counter, with tears going down her cheeks.

"Oh honey. Are you okay?'' I asked, sitting beside her.

"He wanted to go to High Flyers this summer and didn't because of me. I should have told him about me and Chris singing together.'' She sniffled.

''You guys will work this out Haley, you always do.'' I smiled.

After a few minutes of silence the door opened and Nate walked in.

"I'll see you guys later. Call me.'' I smile at the two of them before walking out and driving to school.

"I can't believe someone bashed your window.'' I scoff as I walk with Brooke over to Peyton.

''I know!''

''Hey. Wanna hear about my window? Somebody bashed in my car windshield last night. You believe that? I mean, could things get any worse?'' Brooke rambled to Peyton.

Peyton shuts her locker door. Sprayed, vertically, across it in red is the word 'DYKE'.

''You wanna ask me that again?''

"What the hell?'' I state as people stopped to stare at her locker.

Peyton and I sat on a bench waiting for Brooke to get back from talking to Felix.

''Don't let this get to you P. You're going to be fine. I'm here for you.'' I smiled, grabbing her hand.

''Thanks B.''

'' With men like that in the world, it's a wonder we're not gay!'' Brooke exclaimes as she sat back with us.

''See the way everybody's looking at me?''Peyton asked.

''Nobody's taking this seriously.'' Brooke said.

''Really? Because half the girls in P.E. wouldn't change in front of me.''