Things a Mama Dont Know

"Excuse me

"Excuse me. Excuse me. I need some help. My daughter -- well, she's not my daughter. She's my foster daughter ... sort of. She's ... she's gone missing or run away or something." Brooke rambles as the two of us walk into the police station.

"Okay, madam, slow down."

"Okay. Not a madam. And I'm -- I'm sorry. It's just I've been up all night looking for Sam. Her name is Sam and she's usually back by now."

"Okay, so, Sam, and she's done this before?"

"Yes, but just to annoy me. It's ... "

"and she comes back?"

"Yes, but this is different because ... "

" Okay, madam, so far, all you have is a kid who's not really yours and who always comes back. There's nothing much we can do about that."

"So, that's it?" Brooke scoffs as she looks at me.

"Look buddy I'm a social worker and I want to file a missing persons now."

"Are you the girls social worker?"

"No?"

"well there isn't much we can do. If she doesn't come back by tomorrow then come back up here. I'm sorry."

"Protect and serve my ass."

"Sam's still not answering. Will you try her again, please?"

"Okay, sweetie, but your driving ... can you just slow it down a little, 'cause you're upset and I'm ... Im afraid of crashing." I comment bringing the phone to my ear.

"I'm sorry. I just ... I told Sam that she could always talk to me about anything. And the first anything that she talks to me about, and I just stood there."

"Well, you were in shock. I mean, did she say anything about where she got the sketches?"

"No. I didn't even ask. I'm supposed to be her foster-mother-guardian person, and I just ... I let her go. I didn't tell her it was gonna be okay. I didn't tell her that I love her no matter what."

"That's a thing about kids B. They know where they're loved. We're gonna find her and you're gonna tell her."

"I hope so. I just wish she'd answer."

I was pacing the length on my office while Tommy tried to calm me down.

"What about her friends did she have any?" Tom asked biting his lip.

"Just the kid Brooke found in her bed- that's it!"

Pulling my phone out i made a call, "Brooke, the kid her friend you found in her bed. Where is he?"

"So, like I said, I'm looking for my foster daughter, Sam, and I think that she's friends with your brother." Brooke states as we stared at the man in front of us.

"Sorry I don't much pay attention to jack's friends.""Well, is he here? Maybe I could talk to him."

"Nope. We're alone."

"Do you know where he is or where he hangs out?" I asked my eyes narrowing.

"Maybe they're together." Brooke added.

"Do you think they're having sex?"

Brooke and I made eye contact, "Mmm, no."

"What's wrong with sex? Look, I don't know where the kid is. He comes and goes, okay? I'm just trying to pay the bills around here. So, the truth is, it's better when he's gone. One less mouth eating up my food. Speaking of mouths, yours is nice."

"Well aren't you lovely." I snarl raising my brow.

"So, if you see Sam, just please tell her to call or come home."

"It probably makes you feel good, taking in some poor kid, huh? Like you're doing something special. Slumming with us poor folk."

"You don't know anything about her." I snap taking a tiny step forward.

"Have a nice night. Have a nice night."

When the man said those words something inside of Brooke snapped as she tried to force her way in.

"Where is she? I know she's in here!"

"Dont fucking touch her!" I yell shoving the man backwards as Brooke ran inside.

"You're next." He growled and he approached me.

"I'm gonna kick your ass." I snarl, picking up a bat and slamming it into his stomach as I hear Brooke speaking to Sam.

Before I could swing the bat again Jacks brother grabbed me by the hair before slamming me face first into glass doors of the tv Stand. I could blood drop down my face as he pulls me back and rammed into the wall causing me to fall over. He took this chance to run after Brooke. I was going in and out consciousness so much that once I came back too I saw Brooke with a gun pointed at the guys head.

"Brooke." I whisper, staring.

Sam had talked Brooke down as Julian and the cops showed up. We were all sitting at an ambulance while they cleaned my face up.

"we found Quinten Fields wallet."

"Oh my god." Brooke looked at me.

"He's the one who shot Q." I blink my eyes harshly.

My eyes lock in on Sams friend, Jack.

"Jack, would you like to come to my house tonight? Until we can find something more permanent?"

"Permanent like a group home? I'd rather be alone."

" I promise you Jack, I won't let that happen."